DBSTalk.com is down!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New message on his site:

"Looking into some issues. Be back when we can."

ROFLMAO when I saw this. Seems to be the theme for the day. :D

Our server seems to be doing a little better now (knock on wood)

Being the sysadmin, it definately keeps things interesting. :D

Please note that I received this response from Earl Bonovich via E-mail

Earl posted a note (wish I could quote it for you) essentially saying that the satellite is fine, but there were a few minor issues and that the Sept 19 had been delayed a little while.

That was the crux of it anyway. Any misrepresentation is my fault. He didn't seem to imply weeks or months but rather days or hours. Again, this is my interpretation of the message.

Shortly after he posted that, the site went under. I would imagine that it was due to him relating this information and everyone trying to get to the post. So either the channels came on line and everyone is posting or everyone is trying to read said message/following up with some sort of message.

Earl Bonovich said:
I never said there were ANY issues... simply that DirecTV wants to make sure that everything goes a smooth as it possibly can.

And re-affirming that the 9/19 date in the document, was always subject to change regardless if the internal document didn't say so.

ok, so what is the problem? Why the delay? So everything goes as smooth as possible? That seems like a company line with no substance. Once again all I think anyone is asking for is a little honesty. When CSR's have a meeting and were told to tell customers the 19th, I would think D* would want to make full disclosure and tell us what the problem is, what they are doing to fix it, and estimate when the problem will be fixed which they can update. Instead we get so everything goes smooth, and saying it was always subject to change.

If that was the case, how come CSR's were telling people the 19th date up until as late as last night?

Its time for DirecTV to grow some balls, throw us a bone and give us a heads up.

It is their pussyfooting around everything that is causing the rage, anger and dissatisfaction that people are feeling.

The real problem is everyone is EXCITED about all of this and DirecTV is just not quite there yet, their silence on some of the issues raised speaks volumes.

DirecTV you are a communications company, open your mouth and speak.

If that was the case, how come CSR's were telling people the 19th date up until as late as last night?

Its time for DirecTV to grow some balls, throw us a bone and give us a heads up.

It is their pussyfooting around everything that is causing the rage, anger and dissatisfaction that people are feeling.

The real problem is everyone is EXCITED about all of this and DirecTV is just not quite there yet, their silence on some of the issues raised speaks volumes.

Yeah!! What he said!!:)

i think the biggest problem i have with directv right now (and this comes from my background in the news media and business degree) is in fact the lack of communication.

you would expect a multi-billion dollar business to be a bit more upfront with their customers. i'm not advocating they tell their customers everything. but people who pay for their service deserve better than silence. that sends out the worst possible signal in my opinion.

it wouldn't be horrible if they offered a press release (in english so everyone can understand, unlike the dtv10 that came out friday) which provides a simple explaination. at least, that way, the consumer understands. believe me, the overload of telephone calls they have been fielding today and will continue to field.........is a reflection of a business poorly run.

I don't think I would have an issue with the silence if their CSR's were not giving out the 19th date.

Sure we had the "Internal Document" here, but like anything else you read on the forums you should consider things like those made up or rumors etc..

It is the fact that CSR's have been telling customer the 19th that is the issue.

We should rename this forum "DBSTalk is up and down"

Latest posting: We seem dealing with some sort of flood and as such the site is currently closed as it is investigated.

It is funny that the forum is mimicking D10 sat. :)

What bothers me most about this whole situation is that Directv management gave the CSR's the 19 Sept date and told them to distribute it. Now that that date has not materialized, they have left the CSR's hanging in the wind with no update and no additional information.

A poor way for a company to treat it's employees.

To the OP:

Remember don't just fold. You need to fold & crimp, fold & crimp. Check your tin foil hat for gaps in the seams.

vBulletin Message
Due to very high traffic, we are working to once again add more hardware to the sites operation. Until this is complete, some site features have been disabled and only registered members can access the site. Even with that the traffic flow still brings the site down we are sorry to say. We hope to have this resolved later today as we are currently working on hardware.

I can read the OPs of their latest posts in the general D* forum via RSS and more than half are joking threads, no wonder it crashed. (the ID4 one was funny).

Got to be frustrating to sift through all of that when the server is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)