DC Interface: Cable or Receiver Dependent?

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
My friend is upgrading her Comcast stuff to HD Digital cable. She has regular digital right now, but it looks nothing like any Comcast Digital Cable I have ever seen. The guide looks MUCH different and the On Demand looks like what you see in a two start hotel when you hit the "menu" button on the tv remote.

I've seen in two separate towns both with Comcast a more user friendly interface with big round buttons for the menus and on demand service. These were in the towns of Avon and Wallingford. My friend lives in Terryville/Bristol.

Is the difference in interfaces because of how the Comcast "branch" broadcasts it, or does it have to do with the receiver decoding the signal? For those that do not know, Terryville/Bristol is not far from Wallingford and its about 15 miles from Avon. She's going to get the receivers tomorrow, and if it is receiver related I want to take a picture and show the people at Comcast that she wants the receiver with the other interface as opposed to the one she has currently.

TIA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)