Dead Hard Drive?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Wisconsin
This morning when I turned my TV on, the tivo was frozen and I couldn't do anything. I pulled the plug to reboot it and now it can't get past the "Tivo is powering up" screen. Did the hard drive die?

cbh said:
This morning when I turned my TV on, the tivo was frozen and I couldn't do anything. I pulled the plug to reboot it and now it can't get past the "Tivo is powering up" screen. Did the hard drive die?

Most likely it did. Do you have a backup of the image?

wow...that happened to me last week...its it easy to fix if it is the hd?? can you get a PC hd and then put it in?? i know you have to format it for your TIVO...but is it easy to do??

kryten98371 said:
Most likely it did. Do you have a backup of the image?

Nope I don't have a backup. I picked up a R15 right now to get me by. I thought I would see how I like that receiver and the decide if I want to get a new hard drive for my tivo.

i did the same thing..i have the r15 running right now...so far its ok...im so used to the TIVO....it was easy and the remote was great....but HD's are cheep now thats why i was thinking that if i can fix...might as well go for it...plus my r15 is a used on that they sent me...

I have a Hughes DVR-80 and an RCA DVR-40, and I've upgraded both with new larger hard drives. At the time of the upgrade, I also made a backup of the images just in case one of the new drives fails. It's not that hard to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)