Deadwood on HBOHD last Sunday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SeattleVoomer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Briefly, this is a Western set in Deadwood just after gold was discovered. Now this is a Western like none I've seen before and I've been around long enough to have seen a bunch. Loved it. Of course, it was and is in HD!
This is why we have HDTV.

Watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

I like Western movies. I had a little problem with this one. I tried to watch it three times but each time I fell asleep. :) I am going to try to watch the second episode and see if I can catch the first episode once again.

I can't wait for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly on Cinema 10 in HD!

Sean,

The first 15-20 minutes is a little slow, but how could one possibly fall asleep after that? :) It's showing right now, btw.

Ken F said:
Sean,

The first 15-20 minutes is a little slow, but how could one possibly fall asleep after that? :) It's showing right now, btw.

I don't think I fault the Movie but me. Each time I sat down to watch it I was tired and therefore fell asleep. This is why I will go back and watch it.

Sean Mota said:
Each time I sat down to watch it I was tired and therefore fell asleep.

But you live in the city that never sleeps. :yes

Sopranos and Deadwood are the perfect Sunday night lineup for HBO.

I tried watchind deadwood last night..now the HD is great, but alot of talking and talking and swearing and swearing. this episode had some guy running around naked at the whorehouse screaming and hollering. Didn't need to see that in HD!!

I couldn't catch on what was going on...but I am going to give it another chance next Sunday, after of course the Highly acclaimed Sopranos!

--shich

What I noticed was that "Montana" has a really funny John Wayne walk. His gait is very unnatural. Good show, though. Al is a great villian.

It is not your father's western

Deadwood has a chance to become my favorite western. Although my SO was not thrilled with the full frontal scene.

Soprano's and Deadwood make my best mainstream HDTV night.

But what does HBO HD broadcast in??? 720???

SeattleVoomer1 said:
Briefly, this is a Western set in Deadwood just after gold was discovered. Now this is a Western like none I've seen before and I've been around long enough to have seen a bunch. Loved it. Of course, it was and is in HD!
This is why we have HDTV.

Watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Oh yea, watched the first and second (last night's) episode.
Loved them both. I read an article where some historian from South Dakota stated they are fairly accurate with the historical records of Deadwood although still embellished quite a bit.
The Saloon owner, Schwerenger (sp) is real and he was quite the butt-head.
One thing though, I feel they go a little over the top with the foul language.
I am no prude by any means but really, after hearing the 'F' word and '* (a term for male sex organ) sucker' twenty times in the first 10 minutes. They can do better.
A rumor has it that after the first episode George Carlin Emailed HBO and told them "Enough Already!"

All in all, Deadwood is indeed great.
Oh and Gary Senese (SP) is excellent in his part also!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts