deal on Logitec Harmony Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I hesitate to post this, but I hear a lot of people clamoring for universal remotes that'll run everything.
For all you FTA buffs and home-theater lovers with too many boxes, is this useful?

Logitech Harmony 676 Universal Remote Control for $50 at Amazon, free shipping.
Normally goes for well over $100, I think.

I have a big stack of remotes, but in the past I've never really liked using universals to run multiple items.
Just a personal preference, I guess.
I like the look 'n feel (and color) of the different units. :rolleyes:

I hesitate to post this, but I hear a lot of people clamoring for universal remotes that'll run everything.
For all you FTA buffs and home-theater lovers with too many boxes, is this useful?

Logitech Harmony 676 Universal Remote Control for $50 at Amazon, free shipping.
Normally goes for well over $100, I think.

I have a big stack of remotes, but in the past I've never really liked using universals to run multiple items.
Just a personal preference, I guess.
I like the look 'n feel (and color) of the different units. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up. I seriously thought about it. The price really is amazing. But, after careful consideration, like you, I have a bias toward my existing remote controls. I mean, if man can't handle four remotes, can he really refer to himself as a man? ;)

That is a GREAT deal! SAMS Club has them for $89 I was considering...But like you guys, I like and am comfortable with my remotes but I may try it for this price! Thanks for the heads up!:D

Thanks for the heads up, Anole. I'm not sure if I want that model or if I'm going to hold out for one of the higher-end Harmony remotes...

Price is now $59.99, free shipping.

the Harmony 880 and 890 are great. the rest of just sort of 'ok'.

i actually cant live w/o my two 880s. I never thought one remote could replace the six or so remotes that have been stored in a drawer since 2005, but my 880s easily handle my daily-use functions. So well, in fact i had to get a second one for my bedroom.

you'd def want a Harmony that has at least the eight on-screen user-define-able function buttons. 6 or 4 buttons is not enough for serious use.

Also the Harmonys with a ni-cad battery/docking station are the way to go...

they have more than one ?

I ordered 3 of them yesterday. :)
You're welcome! :cool: . :hatsoff:

I sent the above info off to a buddy of mine, and here's his response:

Oz said:
. . . and there is the big brother of that remote
The Logitech Harmony 1000
350 bucks :D what we do to escape getting up and changing the channel

Logitech Harmony 1000 Advanced Universal Remote
Amazon.com: Logitech Harmony 1000 Advanced Universal Remote: Electronics
Hey, who knew they had so many models ?
Sorry I even opened my mouth. :cool: