Deals from DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Question, since my contract is up, can I request directv to see if they can provide me any deals?
U-Verse is currently offering more for less money.
Only difference is not as many sports package channels as directv.
But they have NFL RedZone in HD which is nice.
Last season I found myself watching the RedZone channel more than any other channels.

Call and tell them you are considering U-verse...see what happens.

The rumor is that DirecTV will add NFL RedZone this year without subscribing for Sunday Ticket....nothing in writing yet.....

I just left D* because of the deal I received from Comcast.

I called up D* and told them I was thinking about leaving, the deal I was offered from Comcast was all non premium channels + HBO, 2 HD DVR, 2 HD Receivers( I had 1 HD DVR and 2 SD boxes from D*) and for only $70.00 more a month with what I was paying with phone and broadband for a total of $159.00 a month for two years.

All D* did when I told them about the offer was say Comcast sucks, they only have 20 HD Channels, the service cuts out all the time, etc, etc.

I explained I live in a rebuilt Comcast area, they have just as many HD Channels as D*, the rep then said they doubt Comcast as many as they do since D* now has 200 hd channels, I then gave up and said goodbye, the rep then said wait a min., they would offer me everything Comcast offered me and my bill would only be $115.00 a month for one year + $300.00 to come out and bring the boxes to me, I said no thanks, set up my cancel date and hung up.

The closer the install date was coming with Comcast I decided to give D* another try, I was willing to split the difference with D*, say $85.00-$90.00 a month, called them up and they said the only thing they would do was knock down the install (bringing the boxes)charge to $99.00, I said no thanks then they started to put down Comcast some more with the same stuff and said I would be back and I won't get the same deal and it would be worse when I come back.

Since then, I am happy I have switched, the HD picture is just as nice, I got the newest receivers from them and they are just as good as D* boxes, a little faster even and the On Demand stuff is great, tons of free HD movies and shows.

I just left D* because of the deal I received from Comcast.

I called up D* and told them I was thinking about leaving, the deal I was offered from Comcast was all non premium channels + HBO, 2 HD DVR, 2 HD Receivers( I had 1 HD DVR and 2 SD boxes from D*) and for only $70.00 more a month with what I was paying with phone and broadband for a total of $159.00 a month for two years.

All D* did when I told them about the offer was say Comcast sucks, they only have 20 HD Channels, the service cuts out all the time, etc, etc.

I explained I live in a rebuilt Comcast area, they have just as many HD Channels as D*, the rep then said they doubt Comcast as many as they do since D* now has 200 hd channels, I then gave up and said goodbye, the rep then said wait a min., they would offer me everything Comcast offered me and my bill would only be $115.00 a month for one year + $300.00 to come out and bring the boxes to me, I said no thanks, set up my cancel date and hung up.

The closer the install date was coming with Comcast I decided to give D* another try, I was willing to split the difference with D*, say $85.00-$90.00 a month, called them up and they said the only thing they would do was knock down the install (bringing the boxes)charge to $99.00, I said no thanks then they started to put down Comcast some more with the same stuff and said I would be back and I won't get the same deal and it would be worse when I come back.

Since then, I am happy I have switched, the HD picture is just as nice, I got the newest receivers from them and they are just as good as D* boxes, a little faster even and the On Demand stuff is great, tons of free HD movies and shows.[/QUOTE

I don't understand why everyone complains when they can't get something for nothing. Make your best deal and move on. I am not saying do not try but a company owes you only what you are paying for. If not happy move on. I left DISH and paid the early term fee I did not like the new equipment prices. I voted with my wallet. I tried to make my best deal before leaving but in the end each party did what was best for them. If you want to fish for a deal go for it but do not whine when you do not get it. I know for me I would not go to work and work for free and say well I will give my employer a discount of 50.00 a month for 24.00 months just because i worked here 20 years. Move on or just be quiet!!!!!

I work for a major telcom company and correct billing errors. It is amazing to see what different charges everyone has for the same services. I did not want my last post to say not to ask for deals, EVERYONE SHOULD!!! But if you go that route do not complain when you do not get what you want. Vote with feet and wallet. I will pay a premium to get what i want and what i think is fair. The problem is value and fair is different for everyone and every company. Get what you want and try not be bitter for too long. Life is too short to let television sour even an hour of your life!

I have found that the best way to get a good deal is not to mention that your are going to be leaving for another provider. All you need to do is state that you are looking at all of your bills in this troubled economy and are trying to find a way to save a little money. I have done this for 5 people in the family and I have received a deceint discount every time I have called.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)