Deals...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, I've been a D* costumer for years and in great standing. I've never called and asked for any kinds of deals in the past. I do wanna get 2nd HDDVR, but I don't wanna pay the full cost. Is there any other deals I could get by calling D*?

Guys, I've been a D* costumer for years and in great standing. I've never called and asked for any kinds of deals in the past. I do wanna get 2nd HDDVR, but I don't wanna pay the full cost. Is there any other deals I could get by calling D*?

I don't think there is any loyalty to you because you feel you are a better customer than others. I have seen longstanding customers who have never made calls and by a simple request decided to say goodbye to DirecTV. There isn't anything set in stone. Don't think your years with DirecTV has any weight on how you will be treated. Don't live in your head as to what you think it should be, new customers have done better than long term customers. Do the research.

Give them a call and ask to speak to retention. See if they will give you something or not. I have always been treated fairly by retention.

Don't listen to JTN. There are always deals to be made. If you don't want to talk to retention and can wait a few weeks you should be able to get one for $99 after rebate.

Don't hold your breath on what JAG72 says, but I'm confident based on what I tell you that it will be something you will discover as fact.

Don't hold your breath on what JAG72 says, but I'm confident based on what I tell you that it will be something you will discover as fact.

So you are confident that they will not offer the HR20 or HR21 for $99 after rebate. That is a deal that is $200 under todays current pricing. I guess you don't think that is a deal.

Well...I'm not desperate for one, so I'll hold out for a bit and then call. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for the info guys!

I don't see any thread or URL JAG so others have already discussed this in other post's, so I guess it is you who cannot read.

Check post number 4 in this thread. There is a link there.

Check post number 4 in this thread. There is a link there.

It is not showing up, SatelliteGuys.US is blocking it for a reason. You maybe able to see it, but the rest of the members cannot. There have been sites others have tried to post and have been blocked.

I can see it...it does say HDDVR.

I have searched, checked out Costco, etc... no such deal, there is for H20 HD receiver. Not for the HR20 HD DVR.

The truth is it is unpredictable who will get what, and when. Some have the belief they should be special and get better deals. I'm not referring to possible store discounts, I'm talking about what the OP was asking pertaining to talking with DirecTV.

I can see it...it does say HDDVR.

Thank you. I hope this helps answer your question. FYI, I have had Directv do an instant credit for rebates on the receivers so I didn't have to send it in. Just remember when you talk to them that a positive attitude gets you further than a negative one.

I have searched, checked out Costco, etc... no such deal, there is for H20 HD receiver. Not for the HR20 HD DVR.

The truth is it is unpredictable who will get what, and when. Some have the belief they should be special and get better deals. I'm not referring to possible store discounts, I'm talking about what the OP was asking pertaining to talking with DirecTV.

It is set to start on January 10, 2008. This is why I made the comment if you can wait a few weeks.

It is set to start on January 10, 2008. This is why I made the comment if you can wait a few weeks.

Personally I think the customer should get a wonderful deal, I wish that were always the case, but we know it's not, I hope it does workout, but again no guarantees. Hope to be proved wrong, but if it does work out, it's no guarantee it will continue in the future.

Well, my original post was an attempt to see if anyone had any previous experience w/calling directly, as opposed to "rebates". I work in a customer service industry and I'll guarantee that there are customers you want and customers you don't want. That's just good business.

Thanks for the link JAG72...at least I know that if a good business relationship won't assist, I can still get a something if I hang on for a week or two.

Well, my original post was an attempt to see if anyone had any previous experience w/calling directly, as opposed to "rebates". I work in a customer service industry and I'll guarantee that there are customers you want and customers you don't want. That's just good business.

Thanks for the link JAG72...at least I know that if a good business relationship won't assist, I can still get a something if I hang on for a week or two.

Like I said in a previous post there are deals that can be made even outside of the rebate. I have received a HR20, H20 and R15 all at zero costs to me over the past 6 months. Now from what I have heard the deals are getting harder to obtain since all the new HD channels have launched. I guess D* does not think that they need to offer them as much. Even though it is harder there still are people that have received the free HR20 deals.

You could always mention that dish as a deal to get the second receiver free and are thinking of switching. They might offer a rebate now or even a free one to keep you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)