Dear Directv......

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Charlie Ergan is playing tough guy see where it got him. I'm sorry for all the paying subs but, I have to laugh. He deserves even more for the NPS, 4DTV fiasco. All dish subscribers your always welcome to come on over to the best pizza side DirecTV :)

Well guys I think I'm making the switch too. I want my sports in HD and I think I need to swing over to your guys side! I've been with Dish over 4 years and it's time to get away from the games they pay and ridiculous equipment fees they charge. I haven't signed up yet but it's looking more and more like it will be soon. Plus I can see more HD games on NHL Center Ice..Can't wait!

I'm still upset I missed the last promo for Free HD for Life in the Choice Xtra, now it's went back to $10 a month..Now I'm trying to figure our if I want the NFL Season Ticket deal or just sign up for Choice Xtra and get all the rebates. Decisions Decisions. :D

Well guys I think I'm making the switch too. I want my sports in HD and I think I need to swing over to your guys side! I've been with Dish over 4 years and it's time to get away from the games they pay and ridiculous equipment fees they charge. I haven't signed up yet but it's looking more and more like it will be soon. Plus I can see more HD games on NHL Center Ice..Can't wait!

I'm still upset I missed the last promo for Free HD for Life in the Choice Xtra, now it's went back to $10 a month..Now I'm trying to figure our if I want the NFL Season Ticket deal or just sign up for Choice Xtra and get all the rebates. Decisions Decisions. :D

I think right now or coming up a great promotion with the top package package and sunday ticket, you may want to look into that :)

Do remember, with the Sunday Ticket deal, you must MAINTAIN PREMIER to keep HD for Life.

Do remember, with the Sunday Ticket deal, you must MAINTAIN PREMIER to keep HD for Life.

Really ?????

That would definately be a deal breaker as most drop down to a reasonable package once the promo is over.

I would look into that as this is the first I heard of it.

Contemplating the switch myself. MRV and the new receivers sound promissing with Direct. Been with Dish close to 10 years. I still use the Archos 5 to download programs to watch offline so I have stayed so far through all the mess. Do you know if Direct will let you down load to the Archos units or old Pocket Dishes? I have both and me and my daughter use both.

Bye Bye Charlie

:mad::rant:I am really thinking about jumping ship to D*. Sick of all of Charlie's bull****!!!!!!

1. Channels getting pulled all the time[Voom,fuse,disney channels,soccer channel] ect.,ect.,ect.
2. Be able to watch all sporting events in HD!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Reciever fees are outrageous
4. Sd channels are so compressed not even worth watching!
5. Customer service is horrible!
6. All the pathetic lawsuits that E* gets imbroiled in!!!!!!!!!!

Just made up my mind see you later Dishnetwork!

Last edited:
I switched to Direct TV a few days ago. What an improvement over Dish.

First of all, the picture quality is MUCH better with Direct TV.

DirectTV on Demand is a quantum leap ahead. Absolutely love downloading stuff to my hard disk instead of having to wait 10 days or so for it to be scheduled in the program guide.

DTV's prices are so much lower than Dish's it isn't even funny. Dish is giving $15 a month credit for 12 months. DTV gave me $29 discount for 12 months plus a AAA credit of $180 to sign up for 24 months. Plus free HD for life with autobill.

This promo may have expired now. They are now charging $10/mo for HD again . .but I am locked in for free HD on two receivers, not one like on Dish.

The new receivers they have now whole house viewing are good, but rather buggy. I think they will make improvements as time goes on.

After fourteen years, I too made the switch from dish to direct. Thanks to golliebob and many others who gave me a bit of a push. For no good reason i just didn't get around to pull the pin. Boy am I did. I really like mlb network , the p.q. and not having to have a.t. 250 to get versus.

:mad::rant:I am really thinking about jumping ship to D*. Sick of all of Charlie's bull****!!!!!!

1. Channels getting pulled all the time[Voom,fuse,disney channels,soccer channel] ect.,ect.,ect.
2. Be able to watch all sporting events in HD!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Reciever fees are outrageous
4. Sd channels are so compressed not even worth watching!
5. Customer service is horrible!
6. All the pathetic lawsuits that E* gets imbroiled in!!!!!!!!!!

Just made up my mind see you later Dishnetwork!

I would have been here years ago if D* had picked up the Voom channels. The loss of more HD channels will have me here soon. I just need to get all my DVR recordings taken care of and then I will move on in. Even movies from MonstersHD are on the EHD married to my E* DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts