Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thats probably the reason for all the hoops to jump through - the content providers (and Dish) don't want your buddy to have access without paying.

Sling stand alone (especially pre-Dish Sling) didn't care as long as you were buying Sling boxes and viewers and didn't have to worry about making providers happy.

Disagree...the Slingbox standalone client SW requires a logon and password and only one computer can be logged onto the slingbox at one time via the client (or mobile application). There is no option to setup multiple users with their own individual logon and password.

eurosport84 said:
I would like to know this too. I haven't ordered mine yet, but I'll use it on my Droid X mostly.

Hopefully I'll have mine in the next day or two. I ordered it Sunday, but haven't received shipping info yet. Got my order confirmation email, and I got charged, so I'm confident it will arrive! If we haven't heard anything by then, I'll post after I try it out.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using SatelliteGuys

goresnet said:
Hopefully I'll have mine in the next day or two. I ordered it Sunday, but haven't received shipping info yet. Got my order confirmation email, and I got charged, so I'm confident it will arrive! If we haven't heard anything by then, I'll post after I try it out.

Cool. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Disagree...the Slingbox standalone client SW requires a logon and password and only one computer can be logged onto the slingbox at one time via the client (or mobile application). There is no option to setup multiple users with their own individual logon and password.

I was going by the digiblur's reference to a guest password, assumed that was still valid. I know you could do it at one time.

One user at a time is a hardware/protocol restriction - not really relevant.

Still think the reasoning is sound - I doubt you will ever see any sort of guest access to a Dish receiver with Sling adapter.

I was going by the digiblur's reference to a guest password, assumed that was still valid. I know you could do it at one time.

One user at a time is a hardware/protocol restriction - not really relevant.

Still think the reasoning is sound - I doubt you will ever see any sort of guest access to a Dish receiver with Sling adapter.

It's a stretch... giving someone access to your slingbox isn't going to hurt anything or cause anyone to not subscribe. But oh well... I did get a free little red plate looking thing that sits on top of 722. A friend asked me if it was some sort of cooling device to keep the DVR cool. Looks cool but doesn't work cool ;)

Didn't help.

The java script object appears to be behind the posts instead of coming up in front of the posts.

All the other forums I visit, the thread tools drops down over the first thread on the page and has "show printable Version", "Email this page", "Download this thread" and "subscribe to this thread" options showing. Only Satellite Guys appears with the drop down behind the data.

Very odd, since it is still working just fine for me. W7, FF 4.0.1

Just ordered mine through chat.. They just charged it to my account.. I thought I wouldn't get it.. Because I already have a 922. But I also have a 722k.. So they did do it..

Just got a email with shipment and tracking info. It will be here on Friday.. That is fast.. I ordered it on a Tuesday afternoon and it will be here by Friday.. Now the 922 is mine and the 722k is the wives...LOL

Sucks, though yet it is a great deal for new subs. I wanted this with a 722k but when I found out it wasn't free I decided to go with the 922 since it had the sling feature built in along with DLNA for playon.

jerrya72 said:
Mine just came and it seems to work great on my Droid x.

Does it force your 722 into dual mode? Interfere with recordings, etc.?

I got mine today. The picture quality on Iphone and Ipad is horrible and I am using it on "high Quality" mode and watching an HD movie (Have not tried it on my computer, have no use for using it that way). Frame rate is slow, blurry, and color banding. I have a high speed connection as well, 30/6. If I was not getting the rebate I'd return it.

Jay

Are you connected via wifi or 3G? On wifi my ipad picture looks great. Are you using the iPad DRM app or the iphone one? The iPad one obviously looks much much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts