Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

how is your receiver connected?
Connected via WIFI (not using a dongle, using wireless bridge), testing that connection on my PS3 I get around 25 to 28 down and around 6up (computer hard wired gets around 30/6). Everything else works great (all other movie apps) but this.

Hmm, something just doesn't make sense there. The picture on your iPad on your home network on HD channels should be excellent. Are you sure you selected the HD version of the channel?

Hmm, something just doesn't make sense there. The picture on your iPad on your home network on HD channels should be excellent. Are you sure you selected the HD version of the channel?
Yep I tried different recorded HD movies, different live HD channels, etc.

And you're sure you have HQ (high qualtiy) selected? What does speedtest register on your ipad from the same location you are trying to view?

And you're sure you have HQ (high qualtiy) selected? What does speedtest register on your ipad from the same location you are trying to view?
Do you mean using a speed test app or is there a test built into the dish app? I did try and click "high quality" but it said I was already using it and gave me the option to use Standard quality.
Jay

Yeah, download the speedtest.net app and see what it says. I wonder if your wifi is too low at the place you are trying to view the sling stream. For instance I get a much stronger wifi signal in my den than I do out on my deck. When I watch on the deck the quality is a bit lower quality than in my den... That is the only thing I can think of that would result in a poor PQ on the iPad.

Yeah, download the speedtest.net app and see what it says. I wonder if your wifi is too low at the place you are trying to view the sling stream. For instance I get a much stronger wifi signal in my den than I do out on my deck. When I watch on the deck the quality is a bit lower quality than in my den... That is the only thing I can think of that would result in a poor PQ on the iPad.
Connection is great... Over 28meg down and over 6 meg up.

My brother in law ordered a sling adapter today and was told he must wait 2 months before asking for the refund. Is this correct info?

I would like to get in on the Sling adapter promo as well. but I still have a 622 that I ordered Day 1 when it was released. I don't know if I can upgrade to the 922 or if I should request an upgrade to the 722k and Sling adapter. I might wait till the new XiP is released.

Received my sling adapter today. But I ran into a problem when trying to watch on my IMac. I was getting sound but no picture. It said I had to run on 32 bit mode. I changed it and it worked fine. But I don't understand, what is 32 bit mode? What did it change on my computer?

Received my sling adapter today. But I ran into a problem when trying to watch on my IMac. I was getting sound but no picture. It said I had to run on 32 bit mode. I changed it and it worked fine. But I don't understand, what is 32 bit mode? What did it change on my computer?
If you are running Snow Leopard on your IMAC, it normally runs in a 64 bit mode. Certain applications will not work under 64 bits so it will revert to 32 bit mode. For more info on 64-bit, you can read here: 64-bit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that I have ordered and received it, is there anyway that I can tell if I am eligible for the rebate? I am on AT120, and like a few others I "chatted" with DISH and was told that I was eligible (for whatever that's worth). I figured once I received it that maybe I would get some sort of indicator in my account that I was eligible, but so far I haven't seen anything.

Now that I have ordered and received it, is there anyway that I can tell if I am eligible for the rebate? I am on AT120, and like a few others I "chatted" with DISH and was told that I was eligible (for whatever that's worth). I figured once I received it that maybe I would get some sort of indicator in my account that I was eligible, but so far I haven't seen anything.
In order to qualify for the Sling Adapter promotion the account had to have America's Top 200 or above, a 722 receiver active on account, and agree to opt into marketing e-mails. The promotion has to be selected at the time of purchase by a CSR. If an account doesn't qualify with programming or equipment the promotion will not be available.

In order to qualify for the Sling Adapter promotion the account had to have America's Top 200 or above, a 722 receiver active on account, and agree to opt into marketing e-mails. The promotion has to be selected at the time of purchase by a CSR. If an account doesn't qualify with programming or equipment the promotion will not be available.

Can one upgrade to Top 200 and then downgrade later?

I would like to get in on the Sling adapter promo as well. but I still have a 622 that I ordered Day 1 when it was released. I don't know if I can upgrade to the 922 or if I should request an upgrade to the 722k and Sling adapter. I might wait till the new XiP is released.

I wouldn't plan to wait on the XiP. It could be awhile. Make your decision based on what is available today and what you want. Waiting on the next biggest thing is always a game that leaves you wanting more.

CSR told me I was eligible and that I needed to order it through the website. Chat text is attached and it seems pretty clear to me.

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Shane (ID: 6GX): Hi Alan.
Shane (ID: 6GX): How are you?
Alan Erickson: Hello. I see where dish is offering a $99 rebate on a sling adapterand was wondering if I was eligible for the offer?
Shane (ID: 6GX): Okay.
Shane (ID: 6GX): Please give me a moment to access your account.
Alan Erickson: ok
Shane (ID: 6GX): For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?
Alan Erickson: xxxx
Shane (ID: 6GX): Thank you! Yes, you are eligible for the offer.
Alan Erickson: Can I order it through you?
Alan Erickson: Is it charged to my account or a CC?
Shane (ID: 6GX): You need to do it only through website.
Shane (ID: 6GX): Yes, it will be charged to your Credit Card.
Alan Erickson: And how do I apply for the rebate?
Shane (ID: 6GX): Let me give you the website.
Shane (ID: 6GX): You must go to dish.com to request your prepaid MasterCard.
You must access the Get My Sling Adapter Reward option on dish.com to redeem your prepaid MasterCard.
The redemption period for existing customers will start 45-days after the Sling adapter purchase.
You will have up to 30-days from when the redemption period opens (45 days after their purchase or activation) to redeem the rebate.
Alan Erickson: So I just go to "Order From Store" at Dish, order, then follow above, correct? If so, I'm all set then.
Shane (ID: 6GX): Exactly.
Alan Erickson: OK. Thanks.
Shane (ID: 6GX): My pleasure!
Shane (ID: 6GX): May I have the pleasure to assist you with some other issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts