Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

I was told that I would get an email with instructions on how to get the rebate shortly after I ordered the adapter. That was yesterday. So far no email.
Did anyone get an email?

I ordered mine on the phone yesterday with a US based CSR. While on the phone I checked online and saw that he had processed 2 orders - one for $99 and one at no charge. When I told him I saw two orders, he told me not to worry that the second one would be cancelled. Of course this morning, I received 2 UPS tracking numbers -one adapter is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, the other one scheduled for next week. Now I'm sure, when I call Dish to return the second adapter, it's gonna totally screw up my rebate submission 45 days from now.

Gotta question----I have a stand-alone sling box now connected to my 722. Can I get the sling adapter for free and hook it up to my other receiver (722K)? I qualify programming wise.

Thanks!

Ed

If the receiver is hooked up to broadband it will work. :)

Installation is simple, plug the adapter into the USB port and your done.

No! The TV2 stream. This disables your TV2 output which shows only a screen saver.

BTW - I am seriously annoyed that I can't watch anything but live TV (not even prerecorded programs) on my Sling Adapter when TV2 is recording. The real TV2 outputs allow me to watch a recorded program while the TV2 tuner is recording. :rant:

Were you chat people given a reference number to use with the rebate?

I wasn't. I was told to go to dish.com (???) to request the prepaid Mastercard. Then was told I must access the Get My Sling Adapter Reward option on dish.com (???) to redeem it. Not sure what she meant by dish.com. Maybe Scott can clarify.

I ordered mine on the phone yesterday with a US based CSR. While on the phone I checked online and saw that he had processed 2 orders - one for $99 and one at no charge. When I told him I saw two orders, he told me not to worry that the second one would be cancelled. Of course this morning, I received 2 UPS tracking numbers -one adapter is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, the other one scheduled for next week. Now I'm sure, when I call Dish to return the second adapter, it's gonna totally screw up my rebate submission 45 days from now.

I'm sure that the DIRT team can help with this problem.

I wasn't. I was told to go to dish.com (???) to request the prepaid Mastercard. Then was told I must access the Get My Sling Adapter Reward option on dish.com (???) to redeem it. Not sure what she meant by dish.com. Maybe Scott can clarify.
I dont think it will show up on your account until you have had the unit for 45 days.

Geeze. I always lose playing CSR roulette. I've been chatting for a while and they don't understand the promotion. I'm having to explain it to them. :-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts