Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

Geeze. I always lose playing CSR roulette. I've been chatting for a while and they don't understand the promotion. I'm having to explain it to them. :-(

One chat... failed. They wouldn't budge said it was for new customers and they said they checked with the supervisor.

In second chat now... Success!

Last edited:
I think it is safe to say that once again it pays to be a member of SatelliteGuys. :)

Thank Guys! I will continue to work my hardest for you!

Just ordered via without any issues. They didn't even have to ask their supervisor about it before offering it to me. I must have caught a CSR that one of you had already talked to. I specifically asked about the rebate, and essentially was told you need to request a prepaid card rebate now (though i currently don't see anywhere to on their site) and then in 45 days you'll have to redeem it (and you'll have 30 days to do that).

Just got mine through chat without any issues. I received an authorization number and RA number. Hopefully nothing changes once the rebate site is up considering it's after the 30 day free return policy.

Just wanted to make sure I get this right before contacting them..

I have Dish America Silver and the 722 receiver, so I should be able to qualify for this deal and will have to pay $99 upfront for a Slingbox and then get a prepaid Mastercard for $99 after 45 days (I'll have to click a link to apply for the rebate). There are no monthly fees to use the Slingbox but I'll need to disconnect my EHD in order to connect it?

Am I missing anything?

I got the email about testing my connectivity, connection speed and computer capability. With Avast Free running, it failed the connectivity test. Turn off Avast and no problem. Any ideas?

Called in to get mine. CSR knew of the deal and was very helpful with the transaction. Since I qualified on every thing it went very fast. Good Job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)