DECA install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatguysJerry

Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Ohio
Just been installed with new receivers from Direct TV with Whole Home DVR. Direct will be adding the DECA this week. I want to make sure my wiring is ran before install.
How far can the router be from the Coax power unit? I have a ethernet cable at my main tv that is approx 50 feet from router, can the coax be ran from the Direct splitter to that point to get the ethernet feed? This coax run would be a simple run. If I have to run a coax to the router location, it will not be simple.
Please advise what will work.

That length shouldn't present any problems. An additional splitter could be used at that location to feed both the receiver and the adapter which connects to your router.

Thanks for the reply, just to clarify; all the DECA needs is a internet connection to my router for service?
Running the coax from the Direct splitter to the main tv location will be very simple so I will run that cable just to make sure all runs from splitter are direct.

thanks again

Should not have to do anything special . they installed the deca adpater and plug a Cat 5 cable in from your router to it and be done. simple stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts