Decades adding more affiliates

Wonder if Decades replacing Antenna amd Cozi would be a downgrade. Now the WNYA part, if the decades falls through knocking off Antenna (make more sense adding decades on the .3) that might open the door for Media to slide Antenna on 10.3 WTEN, or replace the wx on the .2 (referring to the scenario from WBNS) or something to the effect.

Last edited:
I show a couple more in addition to your list

WSES 33-2 Birmingham, AL

KVMY 21-2 Las Vegas (which would replace CoziTV)

WNYA 51-2 Albany, NY (which would replace AntennaTV)

WGWG 4-2 Charleston, SC

Odd as 3 of the 4 are owned by Howard Stirk Holdings (run by Sinclair) but WNYA is Hubbard owned.

Now this is not 100% confirmed...especially the 2 that would replace something.
Thanks for the update, I was wondering if Howard Stirk was ever going to add a .2 to WSES. I wish someone in Birmingham would add Buzzr and we'd be set for subchannels in this market.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I wonder if Decades will be on 24/7 on WBNA? Or only the 9am - 9pm block that qubo has now? In my opinion with the 6 hour cycle of Decades it'd be better to carry it at least noon - midnight or possibly 6 pm - 6 am. It takes so little bandwidth for audio, they should just give the radio station its own channel with a static slide graphic (or heck, even a weather map with a song title/artist display if they want to get fancy).

And - I'll give my opinion that while I'd like to have Decades, until they have more than 6 hours a day of programming, some will certainly consider it a downgrade from Antenna or COZI, as both of those have full day schedules.

I really like the concept of Decades though, so I'd like it to come to my market (Indianapolis) but the only channel I think it should replace is WHT, because WHT barely offers any programming not already seen on WHMB, it's parent station.

I wonder if Decades will be on 24/7 on WBNA? Or only the 9am - 9pm block that qubo has now? In my opinion with the 6 hour cycle of Decades it'd be better to carry it at least noon - midnight or possibly 6 pm - 6 am. It takes so little bandwidth for audio, they should just give the radio station its own channel with a static slide graphic (or heck, even a weather map with a song title/artist display if they want to get fancy).
Qubo being a kids channel I assume they think kids are in bed at 9 at night so they can flip to something else.

And - I'll give my opinion that while I'd like to have Decades, until they have more than 6 hours a day of programming, some will certainly consider it a downgrade from Antenna or COZI, as both of those have full day schedules.
agreed. I have it and it gets kinda boring. I do like Through the Decades but even now on Friday's they do a "week recap"
They seem to show the same shows that MeTV has (both are owned by Weigel so this is common) but even some of the movies they show I've seen already.

Ice I know you know this already but speaking on behalf of Albany, Hubbard is launching H&I on WNYA's (MNTV/Decades) sister station WYNT NBC 13 which already has Weigel's flagship subchannel Me-TV. Nice of Hubbard to launch the Weigel Family on it's stations outside Minnesota. However that doesn't leave Media General much to go from in the Albany Market now unless they launch Weigel's other subchannel Movies! (or that other one with the crazy women escape)

Kudos to Hubbard on the Decades launch and that in Albany. I will apologize for putting a dark cloud over Hubbard a couple months ago on a comment I made, they doing a better job launching subchannels than Nexstar.

Hubbard is launching H&I on WNYA's (MNTV/Decades) sister station WYNT NBC 13 which already has Weigel's flagship subchannel Me-TV.
They already have an agreement with Weigel so adding it probably wasnt much of an issue ;)
Nice of Hubbard to launch the Weigel Family on it's stations outside Minnesota.
In most of their areas they only have one station...so they have to be choosy as to what they put on it. Minneapolis and Albany both have 2 stations they can put stuff on.

, they doing a better job launching subchannels than Nexstar.
Hubbard has ALWAYS been subchannel friendly. When digital was in its infancy (way before 2009) they had 2 subs on their 2 stations. News rebroadcasts on KSTP and HDNet on KSTC. But since they are a locally owned company (they are based in St Paul, MN) they don't have oodles of money to throw around like Nexstar, Gray, etc

They already have an agreement with Weigel so adding it probably wasnt much of an issue ;)

In most of their areas they only have one station...so they have to be choosy as to what they put on it. Minneapolis and Albany both have 2 stations they can put stuff on.

Hubbard has ALWAYS been subchannel friendly. When digital was in its infancy (way before 2009) they had 2 subs on their 2 stations. News rebroadcasts on KSTP and HDNet on KSTC. But since they are a locally owned company (they are based in St Paul, MN) they don't have oodles of money to throw around like Nexstar, Gray, etc
That is the reason why I was hoping KLWB was to get Decades and Movies! (despite the 50/50 with the CBS and Fox OTS) since we also have that Me/H&I agreement with Weigel, guess in due time, thanks...

Decades basically is a block programming version of Me-TV or H&I and movies partically related to a certain piece of history of Through The Decades, showing the same thing every 6 hours. Idk but it shows up on 50.3 on the Lafayette lineup on Titan TV

Decades basically is a block programming version of Me-TV or H&I and movies partically related to a certain piece of history of Through The Decades, showing the same thing every 6 hours.

Yup and thats why I said it gets boring quick. I dont know how many Lucy episodes they have had on Decades but its been a lot.

Even some of the movies I've seen a couple times now. The channel has potential (sadly as do some newer stations) but they don't want to dig into the video library. They'd rather show a couple shows that were shown on that date (really???). So you have all this CBS library to use and instead lets show an episode of Lucy from December 2nd 19 whatever.......

Through the Decades was good when it started....but the last month or so on Fridays its just a recap of the week. Why not show what happened on the weekend? So as example today is 12/5. Why not on 12/4 have info on what happened back during time on 12/5 & 12/6. Surely there has been some events on 12/4,5, and 6 that warrants a mention.

Yup and thats why I said it gets boring quick. I dont know how many Lucy episodes they have had on Decades but its been a lot.

Even some of the movies I've seen a couple times now. The channel has potential (sadly as do some newer stations) but they don't want to dig into the video library. They'd rather show a couple shows that were shown on that date (really???). So you have all this CBS library to use and instead lets show an episode of Lucy from December 2nd 19 whatever.......

Through the Decades was good when it started....but the last month or so on Fridays its just a recap of the week. Why not show what happened on the weekend? So as example today is 12/5. Why not on 12/4 have info on what happened back during time on 12/5 & 12/6. Surely there has been some events on 12/4,5, and 6 that warrants a mention.

Thanks....now I know what to look for whenever it launches....

I just wish they would not be as repetitive as they are now. I know Justice did the same thing originally (6 or 8 hour repeating) but now they seem to have multiple episodes of shows daily. So there are days the Tivo records two episodes of a show and some days its none

So looking at the schedule for later in the month and at the end of the year they have ANOTHER "That Girl" marathon (or I guess the new word is binge)...they just had one like 2 weeks ago

Here is what I mean when I grumble about the shows on Decades

So today in their 5 hour block (Thorough the Decades would be the 6th hour) They have 2 hours of MTM and 90 minutes of MASH because Ted Knight was born on this date and Harry Morgan died on this day.

REALLY? So because someone from MASH died you have to show episodes that are on MeTV all the time? Looking at the list EVERY market that has Decades also has MeTV so its not like someone can't see MASH. Again there is so much programming out there that Decades could show. I see later this week they do have some shows that arent on MeTV

Here is what I mean when I grumble about the shows on Decades

So today in their 5 hour block (Thorough the Decades would be the 6th hour) They have 2 hours of MTM and 90 minutes of MASH because Ted Knight was born on this date and Harry Morgan died on this day.

REALLY? So because someone from MASH died you have to show episodes that are on MeTV all the time? Looking at the list EVERY market that has Decades also has MeTV so its not like someone can't see MASH. Again there is so much programming out there that Decades could show. I see later this week they do have some shows that arent on MeTV
I see your point. They have a lot to provide but like you said they been showing mostly metv stuff or shows that are off now but will be on with the spring schedule comes out.

Sometimes they have decent movies and documentaries.....but I wish the "reasoning" behind some of the episodes they show had better reason.
Seems like they are sitting at a table and they figure "hey today is _____________'s birthday. Lets show MASH"

OK I'm going to put my smart ass hat on here ;)

Tonight Decades (but just here in Minneapolis) will have the BEST programming they've had. Since the Vikes game is on WCCO (its on NFL Network but in Phoenix and Minneapolis its on local stations) so they are pushing the Thursday night prime time lineup to Decades.

Which of course got a lot of people mad that dont have access to Decades (satellite or their cable company)

To an extent, that happens in various amounts with NBC WTHR 13.1 and their COZI subchannel 13.2. Any NBC network shows that WTHR can't or doesn't clear for whatever reason tend to end up on 13.2.

But this will be the 1st time it has happened on WCCO as it being a O&O it never had subchannels until March when it added Decades

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)