December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

You can get upgraded to a Turbo pack now but would have to go through the executive office to do it.

But right now the only carrot is my RSN. A lure, to be sure (especially with how the Cavs are doing), but not enough of one. In Feb, I'm now thinking we will see a big carrot drop for HD Absolutes.

Right now I have:

Dish Latino DVR advantage 57.99
DishLatino Max HD Essential 10.00
Dish Home Protection Plan 5.99
Programming Access Fee 5.00

Total: 78.98

I sometimes connect the DVR to the internet. Does it have to be connected all the time so they wont charge 5 dollars?

I'm confused, when I log in to dishnetwork.com it says I have DishLATINO Max w/HD Essential 59.99 but on the bill it says what I wrote on top 57.99 + 10 = 67.99 ://

In February I am thinking of getting:

Turbo HD Silver 39.99
Dish Latino bonus pack 13.99

What other fees will they add? I only have one 722. It will be 5.98 for dvr, 5.99 for Protection Plan?
So the total would be 65.95? Am I right? Am I missing something?

My only question is why isn't Dish offering a "Dynamic Duo" receiver?:rolleyes:

attachment.php
1924766204_e58805a012_s.jpg

Right now I have:

Dish Latino DVR advantage 57.99
DishLatino Max HD Essential 10.00
Dish Home Protection Plan 5.99
Programming Access Fee 5.00

Total: 78.98

I sometimes connect the DVR to the internet. Does it have to be connected all the time so they wont charge 5 dollars?

I'm confused, when I log in to dishnetwork.com it says I have DishLATINO Max w/HD Essential 59.99 but on the bill it says what I wrote on top 57.99 + 10 = 67.99 ://

In February I am thinking of getting:

Turbo HD Silver 39.99
Dish Latino bonus pack 13.99

What other fees will they add? I only have one 722. It will be 5.98 for dvr, 5.99 for Protection Plan?
So the total would be 65.95? Am I right? Am I missing something?

"I sometimes connect the DVR to the internet. Does it have to be connected all the time so they wont charge 5 dollars?"

Memo,

Yes, your receiver needs to be connected to the phone line or Internet to avoid that $5.00 fee. Beginning Feb. 1st you will not be charged that fee since you only have one receiver.

You will not see any change to your bill if you leave it the way it is. If you do switch to Turbo HD Silver and Dish Latino bonus pack, you will get charged $12.00 for the receiver + the Protection plan in addition to the $53.98 for the packages. You will save around $7.00 if you change your package.

Renaming the receivers is nuts. I wonder who the bright eyes was that thought that one up........... I have been contemplating dropping my Almost Everthing Pack and going with their AT 250 + basic HD service however with the price increase I think I might just drop my AEP. I am already paying 130 bucks a month. I need my head examined for paying that to watch tv.:rolleyes:

But right now the only carrot is my RSN. A lure, to be sure (especially with how the Cavs are doing), but not enough of one. In Feb, I'm now thinking we will see a big carrot drop for HD Absolutes.

I hope you are right, but this is DISH, without warning they might just say,

"Hey your package is gone, now pay us $30 more dollars a month, we're switching you to TurboHD,.....but see, you also get your RSN!" :rolleyes:

I would like to know what the "new customer promotions" are going to be. I heard through the retailer I work for that our supplier said it was something big but could not elaborate and was told by his boss to keep it under wraps. I suppose we will not find out till the last minute.
I for one do not like a lot of things I have read so far about all the changes. I can only hope for the best not only as a consumer, but as an individual who makes a living off these hungry giants. Only time will tell, I'm glad dish isn't the only thing we offer.

That is going to be shown at CES and was to be called the 922, however with the new naming structure they might call it "Super Duper Enhanced Duo HD Recorder with Sling Technology." ;)

Hmmm... I thought it was the 722s. Oh well. Since a public demo is being held back until CES, is that kinda saying that we won't be seeing these 922's overheating in our own cabinets until the summer?! Will it have the "k" designation for that nifty dual OTA module?! Ugh...

Well, I look forward to seeing this "Super Duper Enhanced Duo HD Recorder with Sling Technology... k..."

Holy $hit, In have a 722 and am subbed to top 250+all HD + locals w/ HBO + MAX and the South Asian Mega Pack. I can gonna get hammered.
I will try to fight it if they don't do anything I will drop to the bare minimum and tell Charlie to kiss my a$$.

I see no new HD programming (channels) that are attractive enough for me to even consider switching from HD Absolute in the next few YEARS!

I will change from HD Absolute when the pry my fingers off of it one digit at a time - and then I might just go back to OTA only.

Right now all I see is a big shell game to try to hide the price increases by renaming all the programming packs and receivers. IF DISH wanted to try to offset some of these increases they could easily do it by dropping the extra dvr fees upto say 3 receivers with dvr advantage. Really want to make people happy , drop the additional receiver fees to . Why is DISH charging 6.00 for sd and 7.00 for hd , when DIRECTV is charging the same old 4.99 ? DIRECTV is keeping their programming packs easy to understand and they are keeping the excess fees to a bare minimum. DISH keeps trying to tack on extra fees and now combine a couple to try to make them look like they have less. Like combining the additional receiver fee and the dvr fee ,but drop off 98 cent. WHOPPEE! How about dropping the hd fee all together? I am so disgusted with DISH and their marketing department. I am coming up on 12 years with them on 1/18/09. I am really finding it hard to stay with a company that is trying to make its profit off the backs of their existing subs and offering nothing new in return. I am betting we might see some new hd channels by February, but I can't see that they cost 8.00 more a year. The hd versions are already negotiated in the sd version that DISH already pays for. I guess we will see DISH continue to lose subs as the months go on.

Brilliant move to raise prices this high in recessionary times.:mad:

Any of you guys figure that the program providers might also be increasing their fees to Dish? For both SD & HD?

Same whining every year. Yes, I don't like it either. And yes, after I learn what my new cost will actually be, I'll review and maybe downgrade. But calling Dish names over inflation - get real. Cable & DirecTV will be increasing prices, too.

DirecTV's new commercial states new customer's prices are locked until 2010.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)