December 18th Dish Retailer Chat Recap

That's laughable. $8 increase on a $50 package is not on par with inflation. Even if their costs have gone up, it's the wrong move in a weak economy. As for that last statement, I wouldn't be so sure.

That's for sure ,they have been nickel &dimming us for a long time and im tried of this sh8t been with dish for 10yrs they raise my rates im gone for good,bet on this!

Scott could we get a sticky outlining the price increases?

Im totally shocked on how much this has gone up. If they let me stay absolute I might just stick with it. This time they dont have the luxury of forcing an upgrade to MPEG-4 for grandfathered plans. Im thanking myself for not doing anything that requires an commitment with Dish in recent history.

I thought cable was bad here hiking rates 10-12 percent. My internet + phone just went up 10 a month. Im out of money to give to these companies.

Our family has cut back on cell phone and sat this year. This is total BS during a time where money has become very hard to come by.

Well, that definitely sucks. Renaming the receivers is dumb. I know what a 622, 722, 211, etc. are...now I have to remember HD Solo vs HD Duo...oh and don't forget the Enhanced one. Did anyone get the woodshed treatment over that one yet?

Price increase: Well, I can only absorb so much and recently (last month) dropped the Superstations package to save some (turned out to be "nominal") money. This price increase is a nail in my backside. I'll probably drop the Showtime/TMC package next to save some money or evaluate/consider a metallic value change...

Bearly keeping up

I just read through the chat posts and I just bearly understand the changes coming. I am trying to figure out how this applies to me.
I'm more for making things simple but I guess that not going to happen.

Added...
SO how does this apply to me
I have AMERICA'S TOP 250 BONUS PAK, GoldHD with PlatinumHD, America's Top 200, 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation , Philadelphia, PA DMA Package Dish DVRvantage.
I have Legacy dishes on 110,119,61.5 on VIP622

Last edited:
I'm tired of reading everyone's comments about programs like this... I want to watch it personally and keep my comments to myself.

So, could someone record it and release it here?

Oops hit enter :).... but we have cut a lot this year to try to keep same standard of living. We are using coupons all the time and stocking up on frozen food when theres big sales at the store.

We lost one income a couple months ago due to this economy and this increase of MORE than the cable companies adds insult to injury.

Thanks for letting me vent....Rant OFF :)

I'm tired of reading everyone's comments about programs like this... I want to watch it personally and keep my comments to myself.

It is a private broadcast to Dish Network Retailers. Scott only releases the info that pertains to consumers, there is a lot of retailer sensitive information talked about as well, so it would be impossible to release a recording of it without violating Dish Network TOS. (Not to mention copywrite laws)

No, it contains confidential information available to authorized retailers. If you want to see the whole thing you have to become a retailer. If you want to get the scoop, you have to read Scott's recap. He leaves out the retailer-only parts.

No, it contains confidential information available to authorized retailers. If you want to see the whole thing you have to become a retailer. If you want to get the scoop, you have to read Scott's recap. He leaves out the retailer-only parts.

Fine. confidential information? hmmm... OKAY! lol Again, I can not stand reading everyone's comments. I want the facts right from the horse's mouth! (even though, I find Charlie VERY VERY annoying)

Is there anyway someone could RECORD this type of program and release it here?
No as the broadcasts are not for public. I am very careful with what I post from the chats due to the sensitive nature of the chats.

I only report the information which you could find out by talking to a retailer who watched the chat (and by asking them whats new and whats coming) but there is to much dealer sensitive information on the chats that the majority of it is not for public consumption.

If they do allow HD Absolute to stay grandfathered I doubt they could leave the price the same after raising the newer HD packages so much. It would be nice if they would just tell us what they are going to do with it.

2) Let's call it "classic" since it's more user-friendly than "standard definition"
3) Let's rename the receiver's to make it easy for subscribers - if you have a classic receiver, you qualify for classic programming only.
4) Let's use the bronze,silver,gold branding so we don't have to use number's - most people are scared of numbers mixed with technology. It also adds consistency and is easier to understand since most people are familiar with olympic medals - some people might not understand that 100 is less than 250.
5) Let's get rid of numbered reciever's since people who understand number's will be confused why the 211 is better than the 311, which is better than the 3700.

Makes sense, cable usually calls analog only service "Classic" , I'm ok with them getting rid of model numbers only if they still have model numbers somewhere on the box and just don't use it in marketing. Apple ditched model numbers years ago and it sucks trying to figure out what part fits what model.

Last edited:
No as the broadcasts are not for public. I am very careful with what I post from the chats due to the sensitive nature of the chats.

I only report the information which you could find out by talking to a retailer who watched the chat (and by asking them whats new and whats coming) but there is to much dealer sensitive information on the chats that the majority of it is not for public consumption.

whatever. I find you annoying also. HENCE the reason why I'm asking for a copy to watch myself. Just thought, you would help my out without running your mouth.

whatever. I find you annoying also. HENCE the reason why I'm asking for a copy to watch myself. Just thought, you would help my out without running your mouth.

Ouch... A little harsh...

Man Scott, I guess you need to stop 'running your mouth', because it sounds like this guy is about to punch you square in the nuts...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts