Decided on DirecTV, now what ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kwhite

Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Ok, I have only used OTA (non-HD for last 10 years) but have finally decided to go the route of HD DirecTV (yay new tv). Now my main question is where to get it? If I order from DirecTV i have no choice in hardware as I get whatever they want to send. I could order from BB, CC, etc .. Also AntennaStar is a local installer and they allow me to chose between the Samsung and the Hughes. Ebay? ValueE and install myself?

What is the forum stand on this? and if I can choose what is the best <= $300 receiver I should get? Thanks in advance.

I second the nomination for VE, they are a good vendor and will help you today and more importantly ... tomorrow if you need it.

Cool, I'll give them a call when I can get away from my desk. Seems like all the have is the DTC210 in stock by the web page. Been reading that peeps seem to like the Hughes box better. Maybe they have a few in stock. Thanks again.

kwhite said:
Cool, I'll give them a call when I can get away from my desk. Seems like all the have is the DTC210 in stock by the web page. Been reading that peeps seem to like the Hughes box better. Maybe they have a few in stock. Thanks again.

Let us know how it turns out and what questions you have, or you could always ask the VE guys, even though I didnt use them (sorry didnt read this forum at the time or I would have) they are very very nice people and are always willing to help! and in a couple months when I get a new HD box I will def. be ordering off of them

They may have the new H10 HD receiver in. You can always ask.

I agree with everyone here that VE is the place to go. They definately take care of you there.

I say Expert Satellite is the best and also has the lowest price in the country. My brother just used them.

They also have free shipping after rebate where other retailers charge up to $20 shipping and do not mention it on there web site.

http://www.expertsatellite.com is not a sponsor of this forum.

If the lowest price is not that important then I would go with a Local Ma and Pa retailer from your own town. After they get the commision check you will have a store front to go to for help.

Please do not delete this post.

I didn't get HD but I ordered directly from DirecTV.com and was very happy with the installer and the install. Only cost ~$16 w/shipping and tax.

Well at the last second I went with ExpertSatellite because my boss had a good experience with them, they offered free next day install, and a good friend just had their dvd player die and Expert Sat is giving away one. But with all the nice things said about VE they would have been great as well. If you want I'll post how it all comes out for me here in S. FL.

bobj2004 said:
I say Expert Satellite is the best and also has the lowest price in the country. My brother just used them.

Not sure how you figure they are the cheapest around?? VE offered me a HD system shipped for $269 because i am a member. According to ExpertSatellite's site it is still $299.

Not trying to be biased, but I am looking to get the HD system soon and was wondering if you saw something i didn't.

For bottom line VE was slightly cheaper, but my mom and some friends will probably be signing up too and with Expertsat referral program I can recoup a fair bit of change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)