Defective Quad LNB?

Chiefthawk

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I purchased a quad LNB on Ebay. I am going to be hooking up a 721. I hooked it up to try with my working old equipment first but it didn't work. My TV could not get signal. I could see the channel browse but when I tried to pick a channel it would say that it could not connect. I replaced it with my old dual and all was well. It there some setup involved that I'm missing?

With Dish Network equipment, whenever you add or change a switch (the quad has an internal switch), you must go into your menu settings to the signal strength screen and run the receivers check switch routine while connected to the new switch (your quad).

Also, if you have a DishPro Quad, and are using legacy equipment, you need a Dishro adapter for each receiver.

al said:
With Dish Network equipment, whenever you add or change a switch (the quad has an internal switch), you must go into your menu settings to the signal strength screen and run the receivers check switch routine while connected to the new switch (your quad).

Also, if you have a DishPro Quad, and are using legacy equipment, you need a Dishro adapter for each receiver.

Al, you hit it right on the head. I tried to use the DishPro Quad using legacy equipment...I needed the adaptor. Thanks for your reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)