Definition of HD

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a definiton of HD?

If so, send it to TNT.

They think taking anything and morphing it to a 16:9 aspect ratio means that it is HD.

Resolution does not seem to play a part in their definition.

What irks me is that the EPG says this is HD. I would like to see the HD designation on ESPNHD and TNTHD only when they are truly HD, not stretch-o-vision or side-bar-o-vision.

last night a Seattle Sonics game was on ESPNHD and I was excited until I tuned it in and it had the HD side bars. Needless to say, I didn't even watch it.

Espn

What's up with the HD side bars is it truly in HD i am confused any help will be appreciated. :D

SonicRob said:
What's up with the HD side bars is it truly in HD i am confused any help will be appreciated. :D

Upconverted not HD but not stretched anymore either so it does not look as bad as it used too but it is still not HD no matter what. :D :D :D

guys,

i have to find it , and i will. i have an article by a former FCC lawyer that says, by law, ANYTHING above 480 is hi def and can LEGALLY be called that. as soon as i find the file i will post it.

dragon

dragon002 said:
guys,

i have to find it , and i will. i have an article by a former FCC lawyer that says, by law, ANYTHING above 480 is hi def and can LEGALLY be called that. as soon as i find the file i will post it.

dragon

#1. I can find a lawyer to say whatever I want to pay him to say or argue no matter how ridiculous it is.
#2. Who cares?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)