Definition of HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is there a definiton of HD?

If so, send it to TNT.

They think taking anything and morphing it to a 16:9 aspect ratio means that it is HD.

Resolution does not seem to play a part in their definition.

What irks me is that the EPG says this is HD. I would like to see the HD designation on ESPNHD and TNTHD only when they are truly HD, not stretch-o-vision or side-bar-o-vision.

last night a Seattle Sonics game was on ESPNHD and I was excited until I tuned it in and it had the HD side bars. Needless to say, I didn't even watch it.

Espn

What's up with the HD side bars is it truly in HD i am confused any help will be appreciated. :D

SonicRob said:
What's up with the HD side bars is it truly in HD i am confused any help will be appreciated. :D

Upconverted not HD but not stretched anymore either so it does not look as bad as it used too but it is still not HD no matter what. :D :D :D

guys,

i have to find it , and i will. i have an article by a former FCC lawyer that says, by law, ANYTHING above 480 is hi def and can LEGALLY be called that. as soon as i find the file i will post it.

dragon

dragon002 said:
guys,

i have to find it , and i will. i have an article by a former FCC lawyer that says, by law, ANYTHING above 480 is hi def and can LEGALLY be called that. as soon as i find the file i will post it.

dragon

#1. I can find a lawyer to say whatever I want to pay him to say or argue no matter how ridiculous it is.
#2. Who cares?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)