Status
Please reply by conversation.

VewDew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Northern California
Hello,

The other day I noticed that the hard drive on my dvr went from 89% free to 50% free and I had only recorded a couple of shows. I then noticed that I have a lot of stuff recorded in the Movies Now and Showcases tab and the red button doesn't work to delete them. Is there a way to get rid of this crap?

Well, in reality, it DOES takes up HD space (Duh!). It's just that most HDs are 300 (320)GB and D* give you 200GB for your use and 100GB for their use. The showcase cr*p is their use!

You should not see an impact on your space available. If you record HD only shows, it will fill up quicker than SD shows.

I've discovered that if I reset my DVR that the amount of free space I have goes back to what it should be. For some reason when new things are added to the movies page it screws with my available space.

I've discovered that if I reset my DVR that the amount of free space I have goes back to what it should be. For some reason when new things are added to the movies page it screws with my available space.

I didn't even think of trying a reset. I did that and it went from 50% to 88%. Thanks for the reminder!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)