Deleting programming online

danderson101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
When I go to the dish website, it's very easy to add programming, but I don't see any place to drop programming- do you have to call them???

You have to call them, this way they can charge you $5 for the pleasure of talking to them to remove the programming you dont want anymore.

it isd partially the fact that it allows them to charge the $5.00 and partially that they want to make it easy to add programming and relatively difficult to delete it.

When I go to the dish website, it's very easy to add programming, but I don't see any place to drop programming- do you have to call them???

I would definately call them. I also get the rep's ID # so if anything gets messed up I can reference that call & date.:cool:

This is normal with most companies... You can sign up for services, but typically have to call to cancel. Adding programming vs removing falls under the same concept.

Speaking of online access, will the ATT|Dish side customers ever have online access. This marriage of the two seems clunky when I want to deal with them. One does not know what the other is doing.

I've emailed Dish before to remove programming...it's always worked good for me. They've removed it promptly, correctly credited the partial months already paid, etc.

I wonder if you can use the LIVE CHAT and remove your program. I think LIVE CHAT is free.

I only live chatted on technical support but I believe you have the choice to chat with sale as well.

You do need to call to downgrade/remove programming, but you don't need to talk to a human, unless it's something unusual.

Call 1-888-284-7116 and...

PRESS 1 - for existing customer, then enter home telephone or account number

PRESS 2 - for channel changes

Then you have these choices...

PRESS 2 - to upgrade your Basic Package like AT 100, AT 200, etc - it seems downgrading is not available at this level...you'll need to talk to a human.

--OR--

PRESS 3 - to make Premium Package changes - you can add/remove at this level by following the prompts.

Hope this helps.

Eric

You can request them to downgrade via Live Chat and they'll tell you they're going to do it... They'll still charge you the $5 downgrade fee.

I did this 1-2 months to go from AT250 to AT200. Problem is, I've still got AT250. :D (and paying for it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)