Questions on using existing wiring for a 322 box.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CPeanutG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 11, 2007
I want to buy a 322, hook Satellite input #1 and #2 up to the third satellite wire that the installer left free for my future use. The other two are hooked up to inputs 1 and 2 on a 722 and a 625

I was reading this Tech Portal : 322 But I don't have two wires coming off the Dish to use for the 322. I just have one.

I know I would have to split the third wire once for the two inputs on the 322. How would I backfeed the TV2 output and use the existing wiring for TV2 which starts where the third free output is?

I tried to draw it out and I ended up using 3 of those splitters. That can't possibly be right.

Attachments

• wiring.png
    wiring.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 161
You need 2 diplexors and a DP Seperator. You have it drawn correctly.

Basically you will have the line in from the dish into the SAT side of the first diplexor and the line out to TV2 in the AV/ ANT side of the diplexor. The in/out side will then run to the 322 location and go into the in/out side of another diplexor. The SAT side of that displexor will feed the DP Seperator to give you inputs for #1 and #2. The AV/ANT side will have a cable from the TV2 output of the 322.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)