Dell preparing to squeeze 4K resolution onto a 24-inch monitor

The PR mentioned specific model numbers. The two more expensive models (32" and 24") are definite UltraSharp. These model numbers start with "u": up3214q and up2414q.

One interesting tidbit: All Dell Ultra HD monitors come with the Dell Premium Panel Guarantee, meaning one dead pixel during the warranty period and Dell will replace the panel!

I pretty sure the 28" will be a regular Pro series rather than an UltraSharp series. No way I'd pay $3500 for a computer monitor. I'd only be interested in these 4K monitors because they would scale back to 1920 x 1080 nicely when gaming. I have an older Dell UltraSharp 27" monitor that does 1920 x 1200, which is a perfect pixel pitch for those over 40 and doesn't require a pair of GTX 780ti or Radeon 290X to push pixels at a decent frame rate. The Ultra HD would allow a regular desktop to run at its full resolution and scale to 1920 x 1080 for games without blurriness or artifacts -- and $1500 worth of video cards.

The latest word I've got is that the 28" p2815q monitor will be available for orders before the end of January. And the price is supposed to be way under $1000! I mean, not $999, but possibly even well below $700, from what I am told! I am really excited!

Well, it's now official: the list price of the p2815q is announced to be $699! Not bad for a 4K display!
Launching on January 23.

Well, it's now official: the list price of the p2815q is announced to be $699! Not bad for a 4K display!
Launching on January 23.

Nice, but they face a lot of competition! I will wait for a couple reviews to see which 4k monitor to get!

Yes, Asus PB287Q, and the Lenovo ThinkVision Pro2840M. Both at $799 coming out in the second quarter.

According to Forbes, the p2815q is limited to 30 Hz at full resolution.
I hope that is wrong (perhaps they were talking about HDMI, rather than DP, since it is HDMI 1.4, not 2.0).
But if it's true, the 30 Hz refresh rate will be a deal-breaker for me.

According to Forbes, the p2815q is limited to 30 Hz at full resolution.
I hope that is wrong (perhaps they were talking about HDMI, rather than DP, since it is HDMI 1.4, not 2.0).
But if it's true, the 30 Hz refresh rate will be a deal-breaker for me.

I agree, if the Dell is limited to 30 Hz, I will wait until the 60 Hz ones come out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts