Denon 4810 does not recognise composite cable input

Imt2011

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Mexico
I have a denon 4810 but when I connect the composite (red,blue,Green) it does not recognize the signal I have tried to assign the input to no avail. Anyone have any experience about this?
Regards
Imt

A long shot, but do you already have the input you are using assigned to HDMI? The HDMI input will take priority.

A long shot, but do you already have the input you are using assigned to HDMI? The HDMI input will take priority.

Exactly what I was going to say. The Denons are great but you have to fully understand how to set them up. What input are you assigning to the composite cable?

Thanks for the info, unfortunately I do not know how to assign the component inputs. In the assignment screen it gives the option of HDMI, which I have in none... and COMP which gives option of RCA1, 2 or 3. I have tried all rca options but no signal.

I am somewhat lost.

Thanks for your input.
imt

OK do this. Take a picture of where you have the component cable plugged in to the back of the Denon. Then take a picture of the assign screen. And we can walk you through it.

photos

Hi,
I apologize for the delay, here are the photos. I included the part of the diagram that the cables are hooked up to as the photo is hard to see.

Thanks for your help,iIf you need more info please let me know.
Regards
IMT

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 272
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    352.7 KB · Views: 287
You are connecting a blu ray player via component cables? May I ask why you're not using HDMI? Is the tv just 1080i with no HDMI inputs? The 4810 is capable of decoding the HD audio over HDMI.

From the pic of the assign screen, I'd say to use the right arrow key, and move the highlight over two places (under Comp), and press the Enter button. That should assign it to COMP (component).

As jvc said!
You've got to use HDMI for Blu-ray! It's the one component, where HDMI interface gives you a huge advantage! Not so much in video, but actually in audio quality.
You can only experince the latest audio formats like DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby True-HD if you use HDMI. In all other cases, the sound is doungraded to old Dolby Digital, which is well below CD quality.
Go to www.monoprice.com, get a $5 HDMI cable and you will be amazed by the difference in sound quality, especially with this Denon!

Just want to say thanks to those members who have recommended monoprice. Read an article about a week ago which they were recommended. Was surprise at the range and depth of their products. A greater surprise when the cables arrived. Excellent quality and price. THANKS

Thanks for the replies, I actually do have the Blue Ray through Hdmi cable. The issue is the shaw direct receiver, (Canadian Satelite) it has a Dvi to hdmi cable that for some reason Denon does not recognize as hdmi. No signal detected. So the other option is the component cables to get HD.

However if some one has any idea how to get the denon to recognize the HDMI signal, would be highly appreciated. This is perhaps where I should have started!

Thanks again

Imt

Thanks for the replies, I actually do have the Blue Ray through Hdmi cable. The issue is the shaw direct receiver, (Canadian Satelite) it has a Dvi to hdmi cable that for some reason Denon does not recognize as hdmi. No signal detected. So the other option is the component cables to get HD.

However if some one has any idea how to get the denon to recognize the HDMI signal, would be highly appreciated. This is perhaps where I should have started!

Thanks again

Imt

I have had cable boxes in the past where you only got to choose 1 active output. I think you are at a point where you need to do some isolation of the problem as you will never get a signal to synch if it isn't being output from the cable box.

I would try connecting the cable box directly to the television and make sure there is a signal on any output. Once you have a known good signal, then try and switch it through the receiver. From my view, you have done the correct settings to make the receiver work. That is why I am suspecting the source right now.

Also, with the DVI. I have run into configurations where the DVI was so old that it didn't support the HDCP copy protection handshake. Without the handshake, most newer sets will refuse to display a signal, making the port unusable.

So, what was the solution? Did you figure out how to make the DVI connection work, or did you configure the component inputs? Just curious.

Just components, there was an issue with signal processing.

Will try DVI tomorrow and advise!
Thanks
Imt