Denon on sale @ Amazon 6/8

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR3310CI-7-1-Channel-Multi-Zone-Connectivity/dp/B002AKKFQ2"]Amazon.com: Denon AVR3310CI 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver with Networking Capability and 1080p HDMI?@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ayrxZALLL.@@AMEPARAM@@41ayrxZALLL[/ame]

Guessing that's a pretty nice price for a $1200 receiver ($649)

Even moreso if one were to have ~$100 in Amazon credits?

Yeah, might be time for a new thread... this may trigger a put off revamping of our media nook thing in the living room, put the TV on the wall, etc, since that almost feels like less work than recabling everything, lol.

I probably would have pulled the trigger on this since I need to solve my crazy input switch issues. But I also found the 4x1 HDMI switch with optical out finally went in stock today at monoprice...woohoo...been waiting 2 months.

Got it today, already temporarily hooked up, sounds really amazing compared to the junk i was using.

Ordered a wall mount for the TV, will take some before and after shots, hopefully I get that this weekend... but wife and I are going to rearrange my office (becoming 'our' office) this weekend, so that probably wont happen until next. We also need to find something for the media nook the TV/receiver is in, dont like what we've got now, need something to help conceal the wires.

If only it were 3808ci...I'd buy one in a heartbeat...

The 3808ci is an amazing receiver. I have had mine for about 2.5 years (bought it for less than $900 from 6Ave. The 3310 was a downgrade for the 33XX series as it was really more equivalent to the 2308. Not to say that it isn't a great receiver too, but the 3808 is great!

The 3808ci is an amazing receiver. I have had mine for about 2.5 years (bought it for less than $900 from 6Ave. The 3310 was a downgrade for the 33XX series as it was really more equivalent to the 2308. Not to say that it isn't a great receiver too, but the 3808 is great!

I've seen/heard it at a local dealer. Saving for one. I agree, it's an amazing unit!

Im annoyed. One of my speakers is causing my receiver to trip. Not as much volume is coming out of it (its the right rear speaker), and the problem follows the speaker when i connect it to another speaker's connection at the receiver.

Tomorrow im going to take one of my other speakers and swap it into bad speaker's spot to determine if it's wiring or the speaker.

Bleh.

I came across the problem trying to do the Audessy auto program, and then can do it by sending a tone to that speaker in the setup and then increasing the volume. Shuts my receiver off. Everything works fine otherwise.

If the receiver shuts off it is probably a short in the wire to the frame of the receiver. My cat pulled out a wire not to long ago and that is what happened.

Attachments

• SAM_0182.JPG
    SAM_0182.JPG
    701.9 KB · Views: 249
Was my fault. Sloppy work connecting the prewired slots in the ceiling to a wall plate behind the stereo, it's not really screwed in because the screws didnt fit right and I hadn't fixed it... so it's just kinda in the slot, and the posts for the right surround speaker were touching the metal or something at the bottom of the bracket.

...if any of that made sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)