Deposit and No Deposit

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sherms24

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Tucson
Hi guys, first post so excuse me if it has been answered 100 times!

I recently called in and ordered DirecTV service. I would say 4 days ago. I live in an apartment so i talked to my Apartment manager and she informed me that a new couple had purchased our apartment complex and had banned satellites. Obviously i was very frustrated.

So i called them back and had to cancel my order. They did it for me no problem.

About 30 minutes later my Manager came over to my apt and informed me that she had mis-spoke. I can have satellite as long as it is on a tri-pod and not attached to the building. Naturally, i call DirecTV back asap and want to re-do my account.

Come to find out, it has been voided out so i have to start over. No problem i say, lets do it. Get everything done and they ask me how i would like to pay my $540 deposit and fees. I almost fall over.

Originally, i was approved for NO deposit OR fees. I had no start up costs and got everything "free". I ask why the fees and they respond that i must have been right at the line and THEM running my credit again, dropped me below it. Furious i tell them no thanks and hang up.

So out of curiosity i wait til about an hour ago and sign up online. I DO NOT input my social, just my name, address and that was it. This time, no fees, no deposit, all my account it showing is a $1 hold, just like the first time i set everything up and i called and scheduled my installation for next tuesday.

So after this entire wall of text, i am just curious as to if this happens alot, never, hardly at all? I really don't understand how i had a depost 7 hours ago through a rep, and now online i don't. I understand they didn't run a credit check since i didn't provide them a social, but am i REALLY going to get NFL ST free, free HD, free DVR, so on and so on?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post. Just trying to get this figured out ASAP!!!!

This kinda thing happens all the time, I had buddies who worked in sales who had a 15 point checklist to get the customer the best deal. I know sometimes online channels have a lower credit requirement because of the lower cost of acquisition. As for running your credit again they say they keep the results for 30 days, but I used to see this thing all the time. I heard about one customer who ordered, called in the next day because they needed to add HD and for whatever reason their WO had to be recreated. They failed the credit scoring because the extra hit the credit score took when D* ran their credit the night before and the customer was stuck with the deposit.

Hi guys, first post so excuse me if it has been answered 100 times!

I recently called in and ordered DirecTV service. I would say 4 days ago. I live in an apartment so i talked to my Apartment manager and she informed me that a new couple had purchased our apartment complex and had banned satellites. Obviously i was very frustrated.

So i called them back and had to cancel my order. They did it for me no problem.

About 30 minutes later my Manager came over to my apt and informed me that she had mis-spoke. I can have satellite as long as it is on a tri-pod and not attached to the building. Naturally, i call DirecTV back asap and want to re-do my account.

Come to find out, it has been voided out so i have to start over. No problem i say, lets do it. Get everything done and they ask me how i would like to pay my $540 deposit and fees. I almost fall over.

Originally, i was approved for NO deposit OR fees. I had no start up costs and got everything "free". I ask why the fees and they respond that i must have been right at the line and THEM running my credit again, dropped me below it. Furious i tell them no thanks and hang up.

So out of curiosity i wait til about an hour ago and sign up online. I DO NOT input my social, just my name, address and that was it. This time, no fees, no deposit, all my account it showing is a $1 hold, just like the first time i set everything up and i called and scheduled my installation for next tuesday.

So after this entire wall of text, i am just curious as to if this happens alot, never, hardly at all? I really don't understand how i had a depost 7 hours ago through a rep, and now online i don't. I understand they didn't run a credit check since i didn't provide them a social, but am i REALLY going to get NFL ST free, free HD, free DVR, so on and so on?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post. Just trying to get this figured out ASAP!!!!

Seems like you'll get it now without a deposit. Were you able to set an install date via your online order?

I was able to set it up online, but the first date they gave me was Sep 1st. So i called in and set it up through the automated system for next tuesday the 16th.

I just don't want the installer to get here and go, that will be $500. I'll be more than furious lol!

By the way make sure you get permission in writing that you can have DirecTV and be sure you keep a copy. You never know if the property owner may "forget" somewhere down the road.

Would really like to know what happen with your installation-if you had to put up a deposit or not-as I was t thinking trying the same thing - of signing up on-line-but didn't want to be surprised with a $500.00 bill after everything is set up.
Thanks for any answers.

Had the installer out today, couldn't get a LOS on 1 of the 2 satellites. But i called D* 3 times since i set the installation and they told me there would be no fees or deposits all 3 times.

Hope that helps!

If the Directv credit scoring system is down it will approve everyone, or your credit is right on the border.

If you placed the order without giving your SSN, I would be surprised if it doesn't get cancelled once they review the order.

What website did you use to place the order?

If the Directv credit scoring system is down it will approve everyone, or your credit is right on the border.

If you placed the order without giving your SSN, I would be surprised if it doesn't get cancelled once they review the order.

What website did you use to place the order?

I placed the order on DirecTV.com. Gave them all my info, and like i said, when it asked for the SSN i just didn't put one in.

Again i have talked with DirecTV like 3 or 4 times since then, and each time I BROUGHT up the issue of a deposit or fees. Every rep said there were none and that none were going to, or could be added. All deposits and fees have to be mentioned before you agree to the terms. If a company adds stuff after you have agreed, you are not responsible for paying them since you agreed to terms and conditions that had no mention of fees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts