Depress MUTE = volume gets louder

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Here's a very, interesting YET ODD issue I'm having with my secondary office TV and amazingly in all my years of playing with cable/satellite TV I've never encountered.

I have a Wally and Vizio used with an external Soundbar because well, let's be honest unless you have a Sony the generic TV speakers these days are pure garbage.

OK, back to the topic at hand. Everytime I press mute on the Dish remote it mutes the volume WHICH it should.

Unfortunately when I press mute on the remote again it raises the volume one notch. It keeps increasing the volume after every unmute.

I even experimented with this by lowering the volume to a whisper. I would mute & unmute over and over again. Shockingly enough, the TV (Soundbar in this case) went from that whisper to concert hall loud with every 2nd press of the button.

Any thoughts on getting this corrected? Very annoying. Not that I mute all that often but would be nice to get it right.

Thanks... AGAIN.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I have a Hopper 3 and a Vizio. My Hopper is wired via HDMI through a Denon AVR to the TV. I do not get that mute behavior at all. The Dish receivers don’t control volume at all. Their remotes volume and mute buttons control whatever you select in Settings, Remote. I would look there to see how you have that set and maybe select a different option to see if it fixes the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts