Destacker question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gldfinger4

Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I have some some questions. Please keep in mind that I am pretty new to this. I currently rent a duplex and had a dish installed. downstairs i have the r15 receiver. Since I rent, I couldn't have another line installed. I purchased the sonora d575d dstacker, since i thought that was all I would need. I have the single line running into the receiver. I thought all i had to do was run that line into the d575d, and then run the two cables into each tuner. However, I do not get a picture. Am I missing something? Do I need another part for this to work? Any info or suggestions would be great.

You need to have the stacker connected to the two outputs of the dish before it enters the duplex. Then it should work fine.

Dang it! Too slow again.

I just took a look outside. there is a 3x4 switch with connections in 4 of the 6, the middle one on each side is free. two lines coming from the dish to the switch. im guessing that one set goes to the family room and the other goes to the bedroom. where does the stacker i need to purchase come in?

Ok, i purchased the stacker i needed. i connected two lines from the switch to the stacker, then the line to the house from the stacker. Inside i have the destacker connected to the line coming from the wall, and then to the two inputs on the back of the receiver. I have all the channels (which I didnt when i had just the destacker). But, i still can not record one channel and watch another at the same time. It tells me that it has to cancel recording it or switch to that channel (same thing i would get without the stacker and destacker). So what am i still doing wrong? Also, i got an hrfpi power inserter? with the stacker. Do i need to do anything with that? And if so where does it go? Im soooo close.....

In order to externally destack for two tuner inputs, you also need a multiswitch and a high-frequency splitter.

Connect the stacked LNB lead to the HF splitter input. Connect one splitter output to the multiswitch 13 volt LNB input.

Coonnect the other splitter output to the destacker input, and connect the destacker output to the multiswitch 18 volt LNB input.

Then, connect the receiver's LNB inputs to any two multiswitch output ports.

The R15s I have worked on and set up had internal destackers that would seem to make this external destacker rig unnecessary. To access the internal destacker, first, go through the guided set-up menu and make sure the receiver is set for single LNB, round dish. Then, when the setup is complete, hold in the "active" and right arrow buttons on the receiver's front panel at the same time. You cannot use the buttons on the remote control for this purpose.

One caveat here. A couple of months ago, DirecTV sent out new software taking the internal destackers out of three H20 receivers that I am responsible for and I had to give that customer a destacker and a multiswitch (actually, I had to give them two destackers and a 5x4 multiswitch), and it has been reported elsewhere by someone else that the internal destacker had been taken out of his R15, but I suspect that the problem is that he has set his R15 into triple LNB mode and the internal destacker might be taken out of the hidden service screen menu in that set-up. I remember that some of the Sony STD receivers could not be set in stacked mode when two or three LNB input choices had been made.

In order to externally destack for two tuner inputs, you also need a multiswitch and a high-frequency splitter.

Connect the stacked LNB lead to the HF splitter input. Connect one splitter output to the multiswitch 13 volt LNB input.

Coonnect the other splitter output to the destacker input, and connect the destacker output to the multiswitch 18 volt LNB input.

Then, connect the receiver's LNB inputs to any two multiswitch output ports.

The R15s I have worked on and set up had internal destackers that would seem to make this external destacker rig unnecessary. To access the internal destacker, first, go through the guided set-up menu and make sure the receiver is set for single LNB, round dish. Then, when the setup is complete, hold in the "active" and right arrow buttons on the receiver's front panel at the same time. You cannot use the buttons on the remote control for this purpose.

One caveat here. A couple of months ago, DirecTV sent out new software taking the internal destackers out of three H20 receivers that I am responsible for and I had to give that customer a destacker and a multiswitch (actually, I had to give them two destackers and a 5x4 multiswitch), and it has been reported elsewhere by someone else that the internal destacker had been taken out of his R15, but I suspect that the problem is that he has set his R15 into triple LNB mode and the internal destacker might be taken out of the hidden service screen menu in that set-up. I remember that some of the Sony STD receivers could not be set in stacked mode when two or three LNB input choices had been made.

Thank you. I was hoping I had not gone crazy.

You only need the multiswitch if you have more than one DVR. The d575d desatcker (what the OP has) has two outputs to feed the two inputs of a DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)