Destiny (XBone, PS4)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It looks like their are some caveats there to me though. They mentioned that it had the biggest launch week of any console game released in 2017. Because they were careful to put the word console in there it probably means something that released on PC in addition to console probably sold better. It's kind of a strange distinction to make when there is still a PC version of Destiny 2 coming next month.
I'm not sure they said that to qualify their statement or make sure they didn't have to backpedal as much as that it's not fair to compare the sales of a 2 platform release to that of a 3 platform one.

Besides, Activision loves to crow about their sales accomplishments. At least they don't have to REALLY qualify them or say things that don't hold up under scrutiny, like when Gearbox declared that Battleborn had better opening numbers than Borderlands did. Yes we all know that over time Borderlands sold well but it didn't set the world on fire when it was originally released. Also, I think it's safe to say which game had better staying power.

I'm not sure they said that to qualify their statement or make sure they didn't have to backpedal as much as that it's not fair to compare the sales of a 2 platform release to that of a 3 platform one.

Besides, Activision loves to crow about their sales accomplishments. At least they don't have to REALLY qualify them or say things that don't hold up under scrutiny, like when Gearbox declared that Battleborn had better opening numbers than Borderlands did. Yes we all know that over time Borderlands sold well but it didn't set the world on fire when it was originally released. Also, I think it's safe to say which game had better staying power.

I'm sure they are trying very hard to buy Bungie out so they can get an even bigger cut of these Destiny sales. Since buying themselves out from Microsoft Bungie is technically an indie developer. They signed into a 10 year publishing deal with Activision but they still own their own company and they still own all IP they publish under Activision, including Destiny.

I think it's pretty clear that the only reason Activision doesn't already own Bungie is because they want independence. They wanted it bad enough to separate from Microsoft after making a ton of money on the Halo franchise. They probably aren't all that willing to move to a new corporate owner.

You can play Destiny 2 for free now, or at least a sort of demo of it. The same thing was done for the original game as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts