Detroit HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
C

chevy1

Jan 17, 2006
Ontario, Canada
This is my first post guys so please don't jump all over me. I have searched on Lyngsat but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for but I know it's probably there. Just installed an AT9 dish and everything is working fine, but I would like to know what transponder(s) the HD Detroit locals are coming off of. If someone could tell me I would be grateful. THANKS. John.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
What DiercTV receiver are you using? These require the H20 because they are MPEG4. These systems are not like C/Ku FTA stuff, once you align the dish correctly you will be "seeing" all 5 satellite locations and then run the receiver setup and everything you have a SUBSCRIPTION to will be "tuned in".

C

chevy1

Jan 17, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Yep I realize I need the new H20 HD receiver, and I am using that and everything is working fine. I am getting the Detroit locals in HD and I also realize they come off the new satellite at 103 degrees, but I was just wondering what transponder(s) they come off for checking the signal level. I have an overall signal level of 76 on 103, is that good or bad? THANKS again. John.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I have read that the new receiver wont nail the mid 90's but you should get mid to upper 80's for sure. Make sure the mast is 110% plumb and level.

grydlok

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Richmond,VA
chevy1 said:
Yep I realize I need the new H20 HD receiver, and I am using that and everything is working fine. I am getting the Detroit locals in HD and I also realize they come off the new satellite at 103 degrees, but I was just wondering what transponder(s) they come off for checking the signal level. I have an overall signal level of 76 on 103, is that good or bad? THANKS again. John.

That's about average on a H20.

C

chevy1

Jan 17, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reply guys, and if anyone knows the Transponder for the HD locals for Detroit please let me know. THANKS again John.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
This works on my HD receiver:

Tune to a DET HD LIL and then go into your menu screens, and find sat/tpx signal strength (or however yours lists it) and it should report the sat/tpx that you are currently tuned to.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Let us all know if that "trick" works an that new H20; as I said I only know it works on my HD boxes. Good luck!

W

water1

Oct 26, 2005
When you go to measure signal strength on the H-20 it always starts with Sat A so you can't tell what transponder you are receiving. I'm getting transponders 5 & 13 mid 80's and 7 & 15 mid 50's on 103 network 14 in Detroit. I presume 5 or 13 are the Detroit locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.