Detroit HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chevy1

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
Ontario, Canada
This is my first post guys so please don't jump all over me. I have searched on Lyngsat but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for but I know it's probably there. Just installed an AT9 dish and everything is working fine, but I would like to know what transponder(s) the HD Detroit locals are coming off of. If someone could tell me I would be grateful. THANKS. John.

What DiercTV receiver are you using? These require the H20 because they are MPEG4. These systems are not like C/Ku FTA stuff, once you align the dish correctly you will be "seeing" all 5 satellite locations and then run the receiver setup and everything you have a SUBSCRIPTION to will be "tuned in".

Yep I realize I need the new H20 HD receiver, and I am using that and everything is working fine. I am getting the Detroit locals in HD and I also realize they come off the new satellite at 103 degrees, but I was just wondering what transponder(s) they come off for checking the signal level. I have an overall signal level of 76 on 103, is that good or bad? THANKS again. John.

I have read that the new receiver wont nail the mid 90's but you should get mid to upper 80's for sure. Make sure the mast is 110% plumb and level.

chevy1 said:
Yep I realize I need the new H20 HD receiver, and I am using that and everything is working fine. I am getting the Detroit locals in HD and I also realize they come off the new satellite at 103 degrees, but I was just wondering what transponder(s) they come off for checking the signal level. I have an overall signal level of 76 on 103, is that good or bad? THANKS again. John.

That's about average on a H20.

Thanks for the reply guys, and if anyone knows the Transponder for the HD locals for Detroit please let me know. THANKS again John.

This works on my HD receiver:

Tune to a DET HD LIL and then go into your menu screens, and find sat/tpx signal strength (or however yours lists it) and it should report the sat/tpx that you are currently tuned to.

Let us all know if that "trick" works an that new H20; as I said I only know it works on my HD boxes. Good luck!

When you go to measure signal strength on the H-20 it always starts with Sat A so you can't tell what transponder you are receiving. I'm getting transponders 5 & 13 mid 80's and 7 & 15 mid 50's on 103 network 14 in Detroit. I presume 5 or 13 are the Detroit locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts