Detroit locals in Memphis??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Guardian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Was just checking on the "other" satellite forum and they have an excel spreadsheet with local channel transponders lists. They list the Detroit HD locals on 103s Transponder 15. I know Detroit locals are on spotbeam but I'm getting a signal strength of 84 on this transponder in Memphis, TN. My questions are, can anyone with Detroit HD locals verify this is the location of their locals, and am I lacking understanding of spotbeams and could it be another set of locals on this transponder I get signal for (like Atlanta or St. Louis or something)?

Thanks (I'm getting sick of Fox Saturday BS blackouts when I pay all this money for MLB EI)

Last edited:
The spotbeams dont go very far and are reused

Checking my list 103 TP15 for your area would probably be Knoxville

I figured and was hoping it was an anomaly. Oh well, thanks ice.

Does anyone know what transponder that Atlanta HD locals are on? I am in NW Alabama about 250 miles or so from Atlanta. I know that I can get the SD locals from 101W, but I would like to know what transponder the HD ones are on.

Keep in mind when you think of these spotbeams guys that generally you can get 150 miles, maybe 200. Example, i am in Lansing MI and only have a 45-50 signal on the transponder the Chicago locals are one.

I never know if your location tags are correct, but when guys from Boston ask about Detroit, it isn't going to happen if you know what I mean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)