Detroit Tigers

Trade deadline comes and goes and no major trades by the Tigers. I expect that the health reports on Zumaya and Rodney are optimistic. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. I hope this is the case here. I hope we snap out of this funk when we get home. Fortunately, Cleveland has decided to join us in playing "suckball".

Trade deadline comes and goes and no major trades by the Tigers. I expect that the health reports on Zumaya and Rodney are optimistic. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. I hope this is the case here. I hope we snap out of this funk when we get home. Fortunately, Cleveland has decided to join us in playing "suckball".

So far the reports on Rodney have been pretty good.
I head , I think Zumaya threw off the mound the other day, or he's scheduled to real soon.
Yes, getting them back will amount to a BIG trade and not having to give up anyone,.... Maybin ect. is a good thing.

Now the starting pitching has to start pitching for a change, we need 7 innings, not 5.
Of late they have been going 5-7 giving up about 3 runs and the bullpen comes in and gives up the other 6.....
Unacceptable, wonder what Leyland is having to say to his guys, One day the pitching sux the next the pitching is good and the hitting sux....

Jimbo

Maybe the Tigers will start to turn their slump around tonight.
They are on 94 in HD tonight AND it IS available on MY TV !!!

Indians lost earlier.

Miller is out on the DL now, Rodney is back now....
The list (DL) keeps going round and round ...

Jimbo

Paul,
I heard yesterday that the Tigers were looking at a few of the relievers, but got an exceptionally GOOD report from the doctors about Zumaya ... So they declined to go any further.

Look at Craig Monroe, last year he was Mr. Clutch, this year he's lucky to hit the ball.

I am suprised that they have not had him down to see Doctor hitting, the hitting coach down in Toledo, for some reason his name escapes me.
I will look it up if any one wants to know.

Will Monroe be here next year or traded over the winter ?

Jimbo

Unless Monroe turns his season around, I don't see him being on the roster next season. Tampa Bay in town tonight, maybe the the Tigers can turn this around on these bottom feeders, before we become bottom feeders. Tigers are currently out of the playoffs. I'm not too worried yet, there still is a third of the season to play, but losing 3 to TB, could become a hole they wont crawl out of.

The rumors in Pittsburgh are that the Tigers will try and trade for Jack Wilson since Neifi Perez was suspended for 80 games.

Did any Tiger fans hear anything about that on your end?

It appears the Tigers are very interested, I don't know what the problem was in getting this done before the deadline. The newspapers here say the Tigers are still interested. Is this guy any good?

I heard rumors about Wilson before the deadline.
Not sure why , good glove no hit.
I've heard Guellin moving to 1B next year, but I think they could do just as well with Omar in at Short, at least he hits when he gets the chance, also theres always the possibility of A-Rod coming to Detroit, Thats something that Dombrowski I'm sure will look into.

Jimbo

I am all for Guillen going to first, Im tired of his errors, but I love his bat.
I am not for OMAR at SS, over rated, and we need a better bat at SS.

ARod? Not likely. Time to take a look at the FA SS's for next year and see what they can get there, that would give us the bat at first base we need, that can hit for power too.

I am all for Guillen going to first, Im tired of his errors, but I love his bat.

ARod? Not likely. Time to take a look at the FA SS's for next year and see what they can get there, that would give us the bat at first base we need, that can hit for power too.

So who are the FA SS's for the next year outside of A-Rod ?

Jimbo

NOt sure who they are, but i will find out.
Arod is not a FA, he has the option to opt out of his deal.
He probabl will because even though that last season is worth 25 mill he may be looking at 30 mil per when the bidding war begins, I am not sure Detroit can do that.

If he opts out i see the Giants going after him hard.

Right now this is it.

Shortstops
Omar Vizquel (41)
David Eckstein (33)
Juan Uribe (29) - $5MM club option for '08
Cesar Izturis (28) - $5.45MM club option for '08

Third basemen
Alex Rodriguez (32) - Has ability to opt out of contract after season

I bet if Omar played on a regular basis he would hit .290-.300.

Jimbo

He probabl will because even though that last season is worth 25 mill he may be looking at 30 mil per when the bidding war begins, I am not sure Detroit can do that.

Right now this is it.

Shortstops
Omar Vizquel (41)
David Eckstein (33)

Third basemen

I doubt that the Tigers would spend that much anyways, just wishful thinking ....

Jimbo

Right now this is it.

Shortstops
Omar Vizquel (41)
David Eckstein (33)

Third basemen

No way he goes to SF. It is too hard to hit HR's there.

Toyota Wins at Daytona Again

Players suing Patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)