Detroit Tigers

Looks like Dombrowski is locking up the team for a 5yr. run, given the flurry of contract extensions of late. I think Mr.Illitch better lock up Dombrowski to a long-term contract. I love watching Granderson play. This kid is a 5-tool player. He should have been on the all star team last season, and probably will be for the forseeable future. I always stop whatever I'm doing when he comes to the plate, and his fielding is as good as anybody I've seen. Congratulations, Curtis.

Looks like Dombrowski is locking up the team for a 5yr. run, given the flurry of contract extensions of late. I think Mr.Illitch better lock up Dombrowski to a long-term contract. I love watching Granderson play. This kid is a 5-tool player. He should have been on the all star team last season, and probably will be for the forseeable future. I always stop whatever I'm doing when he comes to the plate, and his fielding is as good as anybody I've seen. Congratulations, Curtis.

The reason he didn't make the All Star game this year is because of his also very good Cleveland counterpart, Grady Sizemore.
They are two of the best outfielders in the majors.

Dom is doing what Cleveland's GM did awhile back, locking up the neculous of the team for a good long run. :up

Tickets for the Tigers will be hard to come by for the foreseeable future.

ESPN - Tigers lock up outfielder Granderson with five-year, $30.25M deal - MLB

Jimbo

Last edited:
I'll take Granderson over Sizemore. If only for the glove, Granderson only had 1 error last season, and don't forget his accomplishments at the plate. Only the second member of the 30-20-20-20 club in MLB history.

I'll take Granderson over Sizemore. If only for the glove, Granderson only had 1 error last season, and don't forget his accomplishments at the plate. Only the second member of the 30-20-20-20 club in MLB history.

I think they are both da*n good.

Stats are very simular for last season :

Curtis Granderson
2007 Season Stats
SPLIT G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLG
Season 158 612 122 185 38 23 23 74 26 .302 .361 .552

Grady Sizemore
2007 Season Stats
SPLIT G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BA OBP SLG
Season 162 628 118 174 34 5 24 78 33 .277 .390 .462

Jimbo

Both are very good lead-off hitters, fielders and all around great young talents, but I would give the edge to Sizemore based on his superior on-base- percentage.

Of course you would, you're a Cleveland fan. Us homers have to back our own players. I'm looking forward to what should be a great fight between our clubs in the AL Central. May the best team win. (The Tigers!).

Both are very good lead-off hitters, fielders and all around great young talents, but I would give the edge to Sizemore based on his superior on-base- percentage.

On base % is not that much considering all the other stats.
Like I said before, I'll take Granderson as he's on my team and a budding star .... That said I respect what Sizemore has done and will do.
Both are very good people and upcoming stars !

Jimbo

Like I said before, I'll take Granderson as he's on my team and a budding star .... That said I respect what Sizemore has done and will do.

Jimbo

Hard to call Sizemore or Granderson "upcoming" anymore. Especially since Sizemore was on the all star team last season. I would pay to watch either of them play. Excitement personified.

• RHP Armando Galarraga was acquired by the Tigers from the Rangers on Feb. 5 in exchange for OF Michael Hernandez. Galarraga, 26, made three appearances for Texas last year, finishing with no decisions and a 6.23 ERA. He was a combined 11-8 with a 4.14 ERA in Class AA and Class AAA last year. Hernandez, 24, hit a combined .321 with 24 homers and 106 RBIs last season in high Class A and Class AA.

•Bullpen help? Gave up a pretty good hitter for this guy.

Jimbo

OBP is the single most important stat for a lead-off hitter to posses and both Sizemore and Granderson are lead-off hitters. The rest of their offensive and fielding stats are comparable everywhere else. Sizemore's superior OBP is the reason why I gave the advantage to him over Granderson.

Yes, I think Mr Granderson is worth the price of admission, only problem will be the availability of said tickets.

March 31st can't get here soon enough, I wonder how many people it will take to clear Comerica of the snow that will need to be removed ?

The Stupid MLB schedule makers STILL can't figure out that northern teams should start in a dome or a warm weather location.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)