Detroit Tigers

Why is there talk about getting rid of Inge. I like that guy. He seems like a real sparkplug kind of a player that would be good for a team.

He asked to be traded, so he is pissed about losing his job, but he did the same thing when Pudge was brought in at first..

Bottom line is he just wants to play, and he knows now that time is limited here..Trading him with that contract is going to be too hard, unless in spring he lights it up early.

I would suggest he stays, Pudge is gone after this season Im sure, and hell he could be a very good catcher with that arm of is..

Why is there talk about getting rid of Inge. I like that guy. He seems like a real sparkplug kind of a player that would be good for a team.

Inge asked to be traded, to a team where he would play everyday. His salary is rather high for a utility player on the Tiger's payroll. I believe, come opening day he will still be here, especially considering Vance Wilson's (C) health status. I think he would still get 400 AB's as a sub, see as that Leyland likes to get everyone playing time.

Inge asked to be traded, to a team where he would play everyday. His salary is rather high for a utility player on the Tiger's payroll. I believe, come opening day he will still be here, especially considering Vance Wilson's (C) health status. I think he would still get 400 AB's as a sub, see as that Leyland likes to get everyone playing time.

I too hope he stays ...
He told the Tigers that he has NO interest in being a Catcher, ever again....

Jimbo

He said the same thing about 3rd base too. if its my team to run he plays where we tell him, or, he sits.
Not thats I am aware of ....
Why would he tell them he doesn't want to play third ?

I think 3rd is his best position, unfortunatly he doesn't hit enough to play everyday. IF he hit a solid .290 the Tigers may not have been loking so hard at getting a 3rd basemen.

Jimbo

I don't remember that either. I remember him being excited about moving to 3rd, and it showed up in his batting stat's, that season. He said that the defensive duties of catching, distracted him from the task of hitting a baseball, and was relieved not to have to catch anymore. He was a SS when he was drafted. I know he doesn't WANT to play catcher, but like I said, concerns by te Tiger's brass about Vance Wilson's injury (he isn't healing as expected) may force Inge into the backup catcher position. At any rate, with the line up we have now,and his defensive skills, will make up for the lack of offense he brings at the catching position. I still think he will be here opening day.

Thank you Tim. You're putting some sunshine into another grey Michigan day.

Better yet the season opener is a little more than 2 months away. Tigers will be at home vs. KC March 31 at 1 P.M.

I'll be at Yankee Stadium for the final Home opener in Yankee Stadium. Hoping the Jays spoil the party. :D

At home on March 31st? Hell, there'll still be snow on the ground. It 'll probably snow that day, for that matter. MLB really needs to shorten the season.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Large article in today's Detroit Free Press (freep.com/sports) about Inge, and his role with the team. Looks like they will hold on to him, mostly because of his catching skills. Pudge and Vance Wilson (who is recovering from Tommy John surgery) are both free agents after this season.

Large article in today's Detroit Free Press (freep.com/sports) about Inge, and his role with the team. Looks like they will hold on to him, mostly because of his catching skills. Pudge and Vance Wilson (who is recovering from Tommy John surgery) are both free agents after this season.

They could use the depth in the infield. Not a bad move.

Sean Casey signed with Boston yesterday. 1 yr. contract worth $800K. I really liked this guy. I'm sure his clubhouse presence will be missed in Detroit. Great pickup for Boston.

Cabrera's new deal could reach $125 million

Saturday, Feb 2, 2008 10:00 am EST
Miguel Cabrera

The Detroit Tigers and Miguel Cabrera's agent, Fernando Cuza, are expected to sit down as early as March to begin discussing Cabrera's long-term plans, which the Tigers hope will include Detroit.

The Detroit News reported that based upon the market in 2008, and considering that the Tigers probably have a Hall of Fame-bound player in Cabrera if he remains healthy for most of his career, there are reasonable estimates for what Detroit will offer:

Detroit will want a five-year extension, probably for something in the vicinity of $100 million. Six years for $125 million also is a possible neighborhood.

Source: Detroit News

Lock him in now, before The Yankee's or Boston make an offer we can't beat. Looking forward to seeing this young man play.

Go Tigers!!!

Cabrera's new deal could reach $125 million

Saturday, Feb 2, 2008 10:00 am EST
Miguel Cabrera

The Detroit Tigers and Miguel Cabrera's agent, Fernando Cuza, are expected to sit down as early as March to begin discussing Cabrera's long-term plans, which the Tigers hope will include Detroit.

The Detroit News reported that based upon the market in 2008, and considering that the Tigers probably have a Hall of Fame-bound player in Cabrera if he remains healthy for most of his career, there are reasonable estimates for what Detroit will offer:

Detroit will want a five-year extension, probably for something in the vicinity of $100 million. Six years for $125 million also is a possible neighborhood.

Source: Detroit News

Lock him in now, before The Yankee's or Boston make an offer we can't beat. Looking forward to seeing this young man play.

Go Tigers!!!

Lock him up NOW, because after he plays a few years, he'll be worth alot more than they are paying him, with the cost of MLB salary inflation.

125 M will be quite a bargin in a few years.

Jimbo

Lock him up NOW, because after he plays a few years, he'll be worth alot more than they are paying him, with the cost of MLB salary inflation.

125 M will be quite a bargin in a few years.

Jimbo

Agreed. Now that football is out of the way, bring on the"boys of summer"!

GO TIGERS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)