Detroit Tigers

First of all where did you hear this?
Oh and hell yes i Would do this deal in a second.

Miller, Over Rated, and Johan is a huge upgrade, and that really goes without saying.

As for Maybin, it turns out Granderson is better then anyone ever expected, and you can get OF'er anywhere. Maybe may or may not be all he is cracked up to be..

This just says they want to win now..I know MN was not going to pay him his worth, they have two guys up there named Mauer, and Morneau they have to break the bank for.

I for one hope this is true, I just cant see Minny trading Johan to a central division rival.

It's in the very early stages, so may take some time, hopefully it will go thru.
Why do you think Miller is over rated ???
He's only been around the big leagues for 3-4 months.
I have an email into the person I heard it from to verify how much of it is reality, should hear back tommorow :)

Jimbo

Last edited:
Over rated maybe the wrong choice of words.
If he does not change is arm angle he wont last long, and he damn sure will not ever command his pitches.

I await the response of your source, must be a good one, as I cannot find that anywhere.

Rumor of a possible trade with Minnesota.

Andrew Miller and Camron Maybin for Johan Santana.

Two top prospects in all of the majors to Minny for Johan.

Would you do it ?

ps, This will tell us what the Tigers REALLY think of these two, perticularly Maybin

Jimbo

edit: Also Todd Jones mentioned that if he could not play with Detroit next year, he would like to go closer to home....
Could we trade him to Atlanta for Jir Jirginnes ???

I think this is taken two ways. Dembrowski will do this trade if he wants to win a Championship next year. I hope he does not do it, as the pitching is deep enough in our farm system that we could keep Maybin for sure and be a championship team possibly next year, or the within the next five.

Personally, I am for long-gevity. I do not want to be the white sox.

I think this is taken two ways. Dembrowski will do this trade if he wants to win a Championship next year. I hope he does not do it, as the pitching is deep enough in our farm system that we could keep Maybin for sure and be a championship team possibly next year, or the within the next five.

Personally, I am for long-gevity. I do not want to be the white sox.

What is Johan 28? Miller will not be Santana at 28, or ever for that matter, as for Maybin, I am not sold on him yet, and pitching is the name of the game.

So this trade if it ever did happen is definately in Detroits favor, and for the long haul.
Minn, will trade him, they just won't pay him his worth next year, they never do. Will they doeal him to a team they have to play 19 times per season? Doubt it.

Rumor of a possible trade with Minnesota.

Andrew Miller and Camron Maybin for Johan Santana.

Two top prospects in all of the majors to Minny for Johan.

Would you do it ?

ps, This will tell us what the Tigers REALLY think of these two, perticularly Maybin

Jimbo

edit: Also Todd Jones mentioned that if he could not play with Detroit next year, he would like to go closer to home....
Could we trade him to Atlanta for Jir Jirginnes ???

I believe Todd Jones is a free agent. Second of all, I believe your source to be full of crap as far as that trade goes. Dombrowski is on record as far as pursuing a veteran pitcher, but not Santana, at that price. Rogers is definitely on the top of the list, and Schilling has listed the Tigers as one of the teams he would be interested in signing with. Of course, resigning with Boston is his top choice. As for Maybin amd Miller, both are highly regarded by experts outside of the Tiger's organization. Don't look for the Tigers to part with either of these two, anytime soon. Dombrowski is trying to balance the present with the future.

Well guy's ......
As it turns out , it was just guys speculating as to what COULD happen...
He said he was sorry if I took it to be happening , however ....

You just never know what Dombrowski may pull off.

The Twins WILL need a CF when Hunter leaves. Maybin would fit in nicely in CF there.

Santana has another year on his contract, I would expect him to be on the market just before the trade dead line, otherwise the Twins would get NOTHING for him at the end of the year.

Can you hear Stienbrenner opening his wallet again, he will have all that A-Rod money burning a hole in his pocket .....

Jimbo

What is Johan 28? Miller will not be Santana at 28, or ever for that matter, as for Maybin, I am not sold on him yet, and pitching is the name of the game.

So this trade if it ever did happen is definately in Detroits favor, and for the long haul.
Minn, will trade him, they just won't pay him his worth next year, they never do. Will they doeal him to a team they have to play 19 times per season? Doubt it.

Miller has the potential to be just as good if not better than Santana... or any pitcher currently playing. Remember, he is young, and compared to Randy Johnson already.

As for Maybin... experts agree that he is the next Griffey Jr. Not many people argue against that.

Miller has the potential to be just as good if not better than Santana... or any pitcher currently playing. Remember, he is young, and compared to Randy Johnson already.

As for Maybin... experts agree that he is the next Griffey Jr. Not many people argue against that.

I really hate when people but labels on players like that, perticularly this early in thier careers.

Jimbo

Tigers announced that tickets are going up about $2 a piece for next season. See that Boras told the Yankee's that the bidding starts at $350M for A-Rod, I don't see the increase in ticket prices covering THAT salary.

Tigers announced that tickets are going up about $2 a piece for next season. See that Boras told the Yankee's that the bidding starts at $350M for A-Rod, I don't see the increase in ticket prices covering THAT salary.

Does A-Rod play LF ?

We need a Left Fielder a Starting pitcher and possibly a Closerand maybe 3B...
I bet they can buy ALL that for 350M or less ..

Jimbo

In Case You Missed It !!!

Joel Zumaya had successful surgery earlier this week.
Doctors say he will recover fully and after his rehab be back to the same Zoom Zoom we have come to know.

He should be 100 percent when he starts pitching again.

That is GREAT News :):):)

He is not expected to be back until the middle of the season, but back and throwing SMOKE IS expected !!!

Jimbo

Joel Zumaya had successful surgery earlier this week.
Doctors say he will recover fully and after his rehab be back to the same Zoom Zoom we have come to know.

He should be 100 percent when he starts pitching again.

That is GREAT News :):):)

He is not expected to be back until the middle of the season, but back and throwing SMOKE IS expected !!!

Jimbo

I will believe it when I see it. Every doctor has said that no one has made it back from the extent of injury and surgery he had.

The Tigers should treat this next year as if Zoom's career is over, and he is not coming back.

I also heard rumors that he broke the collar bone from being thrown from his four wheeler and hitting a tree. I did not actually buy that story of "a box fell on me as I was trying to get stuff out of my San Diego home during the wild fires".

"Hey Joel... your Arm is worth millions... stop playing Guitar Hero and four wheeling so you can keep it in shape"!

I will believe it when I see it. Every doctor has said that no one has made it back from the extent of injury and surgery he had.

The Tigers should treat this next year as if Zoom's career is over, and he is not coming back.

I also heard rumors that he broke the collar bone from being thrown from his four wheeler and hitting a tree. I did not actually buy that story of "a box fell on me as I was trying to get stuff out of my San Diego home during the wild fires".

"Hey Joel... your Arm is worth millions... stop playing Guitar Hero and four wheeling so you can keep it in shape"!

So you would rather he retire ?

Atlanta has announced that they will not seek a closer this off season, preferring to go with what they have. Looks more and more like Jones will be back in a Tiger uniform.

Atlanta has announced that they will not seek a closer this off season, preferring to go with what they have. Looks more and more like Jones will be back in a Tiger uniform.

Thats alright, seeing what the alternatives, and the fact that Zoom Zoom is out for most of it, we need someone.
After all he had what 40+ saves last year, and 100,000 induced heart attacks !

Congratulations to Maggs (Tiger of the Year, Silver Bat, Batting championship), Polanco (Gold Glove and Silver Bat), and Pudge (Gold Glove). Sorry to Granderson who got screwed for the Gold Glove.
Tigers are inquiring to the availability of Dontrelle Willis and Cabrero (3d base) of the Marlins. I don't see either coming here though, because the price (High level prospects) would leave the farm a little bare.

Congratulations to Maggs (Tiger of the Year, Silver Bat, Batting championship), Polanco (Gold Glove and Silver Bat), and Pudge (Gold Glove). Sorry to Granderson who got screwed for the Gold Glove.
Tigers are inquiring to the availability of Dontrelle Willis and Cabrero (3d base) of the Marlins. I don't see either coming here though, because the price (High level prospects) would leave the farm a little bare.

Cabrera can hit, but he's a lousy fielder and a head case as well.
Willis is not nearly as good as he once was, but will still want a ton of money.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts