Detroit Tigers

Tigers ..... 16 runs one night, 3 the next in a losing effort to KC, what gives.

Well they one a whopping 2 games in a row before losing, what a streak.

Jimbo

Well, someone had better light a fire under the Tigers' asses or they'll be watching the playoffs on television.:(

My prediction is that they will be watching the playoffs from home this year. Too many injuries too early, and now that Shef may not be back, it has taken too much of a psychological blow to the team. I have not seen them completely come out of the psychological rut. They keep beating themselves. They have moments of showing they may come out of the funk, but they never completely do.

Jimbo you predicted them to fall to KC... :)

I knew it was Jimbo's fault. No more negative waves, Jimbo. We need all the help we can get right now. Santiago was the SS I was speaking about. Detfan, I'm with you about Perez -WTF was Leyland thinking? You guys may be right about the Tigers watching the playoffs from home. Cleveland has the best 2 starters in the league right now, and we can't get 2 good outings in a row. Injuries are the bane of anybodies season, and we have lost over 800 man-games this season, about twice as many as last season. If they were playing .500 since the all star break, they probabily would be about 5 games up right now. I'm not giving up hope, but unless we get Rogers and Sheffield back, I can't see them closing the gap.

Well Guy's,
Looks like another SLOW start for the Tigers tonight ...
5-0 in the first inning and NO ONE OUT.

So the Tigers are playing with only half of a pitching staff.
They get Zumaya back and Rodney, but they cannot get the game to them.

Leyland moves Perez down tho the bottom of the order tonight.
Lets see if the offense can bail Miller out tonight,
I highly doubt that they will manage to get out of the funk they are in, to many games lost that should have been won.

Good luck Tigers !!!!

Jimbo

I highly doubt that they will manage to get out of the funk they are in, to many games lost that should have been won.

Good luck Tigers !!!!

Jimbo

I agree. Lat year was magical. They showed time and time again they could come out of the funks and slumps. This year they had a hot first half of the year, but if I am not mistaken, they have not won a series since the all-star break. The funks and slumps they have been, they have not shown they can come out of one.

With the Yankees and Indians and Mariners playing well, the Tigers have a long shot at overcoming the three games they are behind in the wild card.

I just hope next season things don't go back to what they used to be before 2006. :(

I agree. Lat year was magical. They showed time and time again they could come out of the funks and slumps. This year they had a hot first half of the year, but if I am not mistaken, they have not won a series since the all-star break. The funks and slumps they have been, they have not shown they can come out of one.

With the Yankees and Indians and Mariners playing well, the Tigers have a long shot at overcoming the three games they are behind in the wild card.

I just hope next season things don't go back to what they used to be before 2006. :(

Don't throw the white flag yet. Lots of baseball to play and three games is really very little with more than a month to go. I also hope that they do not become a version of the 2007 White Sox team after winning the championship.

The only series they have won in the last eleven (not counting the current series) was against the Yankme's a few days ago.
Miller really stunk the place up last night. This is not looking good. The Tig's aren't dead yet, but the odor is picking up. Bondo is throwing tonight; this used to be a good thing, not so much anymore. Rogers may be back in the rotation next week, and MAYBE Sheffield.

The only series they have won in the last eleven (not counting the current series) was against the Yankme's a few days ago.
Miller really stunk the place up last night. This is not looking good. The Tig's aren't dead yet, but the odor is picking up. Bondo is throwing tonight; this used to be a good thing, not so much anymore. Rogers may be back in the rotation next week, and MAYBE Sheffield.

I mis spoke... I meant to say sweep a series. If you are gong to be a pennant chasing team you have to go on some 6 and seven game win streaks in the season, which means you sweep 8 series' or so.

With Bondo throwing tonight I fully expect him to struggle and give up at least two runs in the first inning like he has his last 7 times out.

I don't believe the season is salvageable even if Rogers and Sheffield come back next week. In order for that to happen, Bondo, Verlander, Robertson, Inge, Casey, and Thames have to up their games. Even Pudge is not putting up good numbers this year. I was suprisedto see him make the all-star team.

It looks like KC is getting back at Detroit for beating up on them earlier this year. As much as I like division play, I would like to see a lot more inter-league play betwen the AL-NL.

I agree strongly. There should be four more inter-league series, and one less division series game between each team.

I mis spoke... I meant to say sweep a series. If you are gong to be a pennant chasing team you have to go on some 6 and seven game win streaks in the season, which means you sweep 8 series' or so.

With Bondo throwing tonight I fully expect him to struggle and give up at least two runs in the first inning like he has his last 7 times out.

I don't believe the season is salvageable even if Rogers and Sheffield come back next week. In order for that to happen, Bondo, Verlander, Robertson, Inge, Casey, and Thames have to up their games. Even Pudge is not putting up good numbers this year. I was suprised to see him make the all-star team.

Well, to your surprise Bonderman pitched really well today, wait and see what happens in his next start to see if he turned a corner or not.
Rumor is that Kenny Rogers will be back sometime next week.
Is it too late yet ???
Also keep an eye on Verlander, he pitched real welll last time out.
If Kenny comes back and is on his game that would be a great help.
Everyone was waiting for Zumaya to get back, and he is, but they failed to realize that he only helps when they can get the game to him .....

Jimbo

I agree strongly. There should be four more inter-league series, and one less division series game between each team.

I don't like this idea of MORE inter league games ... Of course the Tigers might like it, they were pretty impressive against the NL.

I am in favor of making a closer to even schedule ... I did like the MORE games in the division, at least the way it is now. 19 games against the division teams is too many. We get the Red Sox and Yankees crammed down out throats about once a month for a series at this rate, then the Yankees and Tigers didn't play at all until the last few weeks and now they are done .

Jimbo

I don't like this idea of MORE inter league games ... Of course the Tigers might like it, they were pretty impressive against the NL.

I am in favor of making a closer to even schedule ... I did like the MORE games in the division, at least the way it is now. 19 games against the division teams is too many. We get the Red Sox and Yankees crammed down out throats about once a month for a series at this rate, then the Yankees and Tigers didn't play at all until the last few weeks and now they are done .

Jimbo

Screw the NL, I want to see the AL schedule balanced out a little more. Too many games against our own division, I would rather see the Yanks Red Sox, etc...
Good to see Bondo throw a good game. Granderson closing in on a feat accomplished only by Willie Mays and some guy who's name I don't remember - 20 doubles, 20 triples, 20 HR's, and 20 stolen bases in a season. This kid is one special talent.
GO TIGERS!

Good news for a change :
Rogers should be back soon, possibly next week.
Sheffield looking better, comes off DL next Thursday.

The Official Site of The Detroit Tigers: News: Detroit Tigers News

Incase you hadn't heard, Andrew Miller was optioned to LAKELAND, I'm not sure what level of play that is ::: A, AA ??? I know it's not AAA and I think AA iis Erie, so he could be in A ball now.
I wonder what made them loose that much confidence in him ?
I know he had a very bad outing, but A level ? I wonder if there are other issues.

The A ball league has to be about over for the year.

Jimbo

I'm beginning to think it's just NOT the Tigers year.

Two nights ago, the Indians squeaked out a win in the ninth, last night they get a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the ninth to win (Tigers had won earlier).
Then tonight, with the Indians trailing by 2 in the eighth with men on first and third with 2 out and they hit a slow chopper to short. ..... it takes a bad hopand bounces over the SS head, Indians score , down by one ,but still have the bases loaded again.

And the ChiSox reliever is getting squeezed by the umpire and walks the tying run in in the eight now.

Good Grief .....

Jimbo

Well, it's over Indians win 8-5

Last edited:
Good news for a change :
Rogers should be back soon, possibly next week.
Sheffield looking better, comes off DL next Thursday.

The Official Site of The Detroit Tigers: News: Detroit Tigers News

Incase you hadn't heard, Andrew Miller was optioned to LAKELAND, I'm not sure what level of play that is ::: A, AA ??? I know it's not AAA and I think AA iis Erie, so he could be in A ball now.
I wonder what made them loose that much confidence in him ?
I know he had a very bad outing, but A level ? I wonder if there are other issues.

The A ball league has to be about over for the year.

Jimbo

Lakeland is A ball, but Miller is not even leaving town. He will be recalled today to Detroit without even checking out of his hotel room. He will be used only in middle relief for the rest of the season. It looks like a wednesday start for Rogers. Millers last outing was enough for anyone to lose confidence in him for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)