Detroit Tigers

What's up with only 29,000 in the seats in Cleveland. Don't they know they're in a pennant race? The only tickets available in Detroit are in the nosebleeds, and very few of them at that.
Dollar dogs? How about $1 beer? Comerica is very expensive at the food and beverage stands. Ticket prices are reasonable, but parking and concessions are the real reason I can't afford to go more games. Most of the lots charge $20, $10, if you don't mind walking a few hundred blocks. Beer prices are ridiculous, as well as $3.50 for a stinking hot dog.

Paul,
I don't know which direction your coming from, but I often will park at the JLA parking garage and take the people mover over to Greektown and walk from there, it seems like it about a 5 minute walk or so, I haven't been up there in a while though.

Jimbo

Paul,
I don't know which direction your coming from, but I often will park at the JLA parking garage and take the people mover over to Greektown and walk from there, it seems like it about a 5 minute walk or so, I haven't been up there in a while though.

Jimbo

I live less than 3 miles from the stadium, I could walk there if I was suicidal (this is Detroit after all), and I didn't have 6 knee surgeries. It's just too much money to go to the park often. The way we drink, (We're Polish after all) it's a $100 trip with tickets, beers, parking, food, and if we take any of our sons,(4 of them),I have to remortgage my house. Besides, by time we get home (got to go to the bar after the game, we're Polish remember), it's 2:30 in the AM. Then you got the hangover thing going the next morning....I've got a 55" Sony and HD as often as not, beer in the fridge, and I can pause the action to hit the can, a comfortable couch....you get the picture.

good new for tribe, home field advantage throughtout playoffs :) bad news, they have to start with the yankees :(

Despite the Tribe's losing record against the Yanks in the regular season, you'll have to admit the Indians are a whole different team now than when they played them earlier this year. When the Yanks swept the Indians in August, the team was in the middle of a horrid offensive slump. It has been well documented that we have shaken that slump since.

Besides, we all know that the Playoffs are a whole different animal. Pitching and defense always seems to prevail over offense and it just so happens that pitching and defense are the Yankees weakest point. We all saw how far those bats got 'em last year.........

I understand that, but its still the yankees, and they still have great players even if they arent doing great this year, the playoffs are a whole new game...am I saying we will lose against them, no...but is there another team I would rather face, yes.

Despite the Tribe's losing record against the Yanks in the regular season, you'll have to admit the Indians are a whole different team now than when they played them earlier this year. When the Yanks swept the Indians in August, the team was in the middle of a horrid offensive slump. It has been well documented that we have shaken that slump since.

Besides, we all know that the Playoffs are a whole different animal. Pitching and defense always seems to prevail over offense and it just so happens that pitching and defense are the Yankees weakest point. We all saw how far those bats got 'em last year.........

Agreed - but remember - the Yankees are ALSO a different team now.

Agreed - but remember - the Yankees are ALSO a different team now.

They do look awfully scary with the numbers they're putting up against the Orioles. Let's see what they're capable of once they face some real competition......

Should be a good match up though. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, Tribe's up 4-2, Top of the 6th on the Tigers! (Afternoon game today). Is it to early to wave the brooms in the air?

They do look awfully scary with the numbers they're putting up against the Orioles. Let's see what they're capable of once they face some real competition......

Oh - so winning 5 of 6 from the team with the BEST RECORD in baseball (in the past 2 weeks), that's NOT REAL COMPETITION? Including 2 of 3 IN FENWAY? Including getting a win off of Papelbon?

Oh - please.

Oh - so winning 5 of 6 from the team with the BEST RECORD in baseball (in the past 2 weeks), that's NOT REAL COMPETITION? Including 2 of 3 IN FENWAY? Including getting a win off of Papelbon?

Oh - please.
They also won the season series from the Red Sox 10-8. :D

After this series the Tribe proved to be the best team in baseball at this moment. If they carry that into the post season, they could have that "it factor" they need to win it all. I am not seeing anyone play like them right now.

After this series the Tribe proved to be the best team in baseball at this moment. If they carry that into the post season, they could have that "it factor" they need to win it all. I am not seeing anyone play like them right now.

I respect your opinion, but there could be a pretty good case for the Yankees also right now.

Thank you. I have been following baseball and the Tribe for my entire life. This team is really something special and I see a very talented team with a full fledged lights out pitching staff. (Starters, Relievers and Closer included). I am just savoring each moment and especially this season as we all know smaller market teams tend not to be able to keep the same core players for a long stretch and form the dynasties of years past.

The city of Cleveland could sure use a pick-me-up. A successful postseason would go a long way in the hearts of many sports fans here...

Go Tribe!
90 wins! Tied with Boston with the Best record in Baseball!

I respect your opinion, but there could be a pretty good case for the Yankees also right now.

Pitching is rough for the Yankees. Especially the pen and closing. It won't show not though when they are playing Baltimore and Tampa Bay left on their schedule. Their bats will carry them for the remaining games.

Toyota Wins at Daytona Again

Players suing Patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)