Detroit Tigers

He won't even be used in Middle relief until the brass is happy with him. He is basically being shut down, and throwing on the side with the Hernandez, they want him to start learning how to command his other pitches, his problem is all he can get over the plate is his fastball, and everyone in knows it.

Lakeland is A ball, but Miller is not even leaving town. He will be recalled today to Detroit without even checking out of his hotel room. He will be used only in middle relief for the rest of the season. It looks like a wednesday start for Rogers. Millers last outing was enough for anyone to lose confidence in him for now.

This is interesting ....
Transfered to A ball and stay in Detroit !!!
Of course the A ball league may be over all ready.
Probably a way for the Tigers to make a roster space.

Jimbo

Well I guess the corrections Verlander and the pitching coach were talking about have worked. Verlanders last pitch of the afternoon was clocked at 100 mph. Tigers win 6-1, Verlander with 10 K's, and the bullpen gave up just a single. There's still hope if Bonderman remains effective, and Rogers finds his form again on Weds. against the White Sox.

Indians , Yankees and Mariner's all lose today ...
Tigers need to find a way to definatly win today.

Robertson just pitched 5 1/3 rd of No Hit ball.....
Hopefully he doesn't fall apart now ...

Tigers had a 7-0 lead and can hope to go into extra inning today, these type of games are why the will not go anywhere this year.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Hey Paul,
Look who's in Center field today for the Tigers !!!
Yup, Mr. Maybin.
Of course it looks like Leyland put Toledo's team out there today (AAA).

Maybin CF
Rayburn RF
Hessman 1B
Rabello C
Santiago SS

Not to mention Inge and Thymes former Mud Hens.
Only ones left are Maggs and Palonco.
I don't remember if Robertson was in Toledo or not, but I think he has played down there as well.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Hey Paul,
Look who's in Center field today for the Tigers !!!
Yup, Mr. Maybin.
Of course it looks like Leyland put Toledo's team out there today (AAA).

Maybin CF
Rayburn RF
Hessman 1B
Rabello C
Santiago SS

Not to mention Inge and Thymes former Mud Hens.
Only ones left are Maggs and Palonco.
I don't remember if Robertson was in Toledo or not, but I think he has played down there as well.

Jimbo
Maybin will be back in the minors at the beginning of next season, he's definitely in over his head. Granderson would have made that catch that Maybin blew yesterday. As for the AAA corps, they have been a pleasant surprise in a season of dissapointment. Santiago is definitely killing the ball since being recalled. Too bad the relief pitching didn't look like they should be in AAA. Hope is dimming here Jimbo.

Maybin will be back in the minors at the beginning of next season, he's definitely in over his head. Granderson would have made that catch that Maybin blew yesterday. As for the AAA corps, they have been a pleasant surprise in a season of dissapointment. Santiago is definitely killing the ball since being recalled. Too bad the relief pitching didn't look like they should be in AAA. Hope is dimming here Jimbo.

I hear ya.
Looking pretty bleak ...

Jimbo

The 25 game sprint to the playoffs begins tonight. 16 of our games are at home. The Tigers have a favorable schedule, lets see if they take advantage of that.

Go Tigers!

Vultures are not circling... fans are realistic.

Sorry Joe, I wasn't calling you a vulture. I was simply pointing out that the Tigers are dying. Your views of the Tigers have been dead on, and I believe that most of us agree with you. It's tough to repeat in this division, especially with the number of injuries the Tigers have had. Cleveland won 94 games 2 seasons ago and sucked last year. Chicago was the world champs 2 seasons ago, look where they are. The Twins won the division last year, and they're sucking wind right now. All in all, given the injuries, and a pitching staff that can't put 2 good outings (or the same rotation) together, it's amazing we're still in the race.

Sorry Joe, I wasn't calling you a vulture. I was simply pointing out that the Tigers are dying. Your views of the Tigers have been dead on, and I believe that most of us agree with you. It's tough to repeat in this division, especially with the number of injuries the Tigers have had. Cleveland won 94 games 2 seasons ago and sucked last year. Chicago was the world champs 2 seasons ago, look where they are. The Twins won the division last year, and they're sucking wind right now. All in all, given the injuries, and a pitching staff that can't put 2 good outings (or the same rotation) together, it's amazing we're still in the race.

Also, I Don't think the Tigers have had what they were counting on as thier starting line up in there for more than like 5 games all year.

Jimbo

Lets see what happens when Shef and Kenny get back, then we'll see if they start playing better, if not, it's all over, however, I think they look to those two guy's for a lot of leadership.

It COULD get interesting in the last month ................... or not.

Jimbo

Race? What race? I hope you don't consider your Tigers to still be in the AL Central race! Down 7 games to the Tribe with 23 games to go. Looks pretty bleak Detroit fans.

The race is to the playoffs, where anything can happen, as long as you're in. The Tigers were a WILDCARD last year, and the Cardinals were the team with the worst record. we all know how that turned out, don't we. Cleveland is looking very strong the past 2 weeks, but lets see if they're still so hot when the playoffs start. By the way, bigger leads have been lost before. Welcome to the sports forum. If you're a friend of Jimbo's, I feel sorry for Jimbo. (Just kidding).

Toyota Wins at Daytona Again

Players suing Patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)