Detroit Tigers

Winning a game in April counts the same as winning a game in September in the standings.

What exactly does that have to do with anything you or I just posted?
NY was under 500 in April. Why? NO PITCHING, that was my point. They are winning now,WHY? Well besides AROD? PITCHING.

End of story, carry on!!

no. my point is - The Yanks seem to have overcome their infuries, the tigers haven't. that's all.

both have had major injuries, so there are no excuses IMO.

Uncle. You are not getting it at all.

You can overcome it from April, if it happens in July and continues until now, how can you say there is no difference? We have had one helathy starter all year, Verlander, YOU MUST be a Yankee Fan, and I am guessing you were one of the many booing when they sucked in April.

Uncle. You are not getting it at all.

You can overcome it from April, if it happens in July and continues until now, how can you say there is no difference? We have had one helathy starter all year, Verlander, YOU MUST be a Yankee Fan, and I am guessing you were one of the many booing when they sucked in April.

First, since I made the original statement, and you are arguing it - it is YOU that doesn't understand.

Your second sentence proves you are just whining because you are losing, I NEVER root against or BOO the Yankees.

Sour grapes.

Injuries are always an excuse, no matter when, no matter which team. The numbers that matter are: who and how many games lost. I don't have the numbers on the Yankee's, but the Tigers have lost over 800+ man-games to injuries, almost twice as many as last season. I would say that is a serious derailment to a pennant chase.

Bonderman out indefinitely with an elbow problem. Possibly the same problem that got him in Sept. 2005.

Injuries are always an excuse, no matter when, no matter which team. The numbers that matter are: who and how many games lost. I don't have the numbers on the Yankee's, but the Tigers have lost over 800+ man-games to injuries, almost twice as many as last season. I would say that is a serious derailment to a pennant chase.

Bonderman out indefinitely with an elbow problem. Possibly the same problem that got him in Sept. 2005.

Just checked - the tigers and yankees BOTH have 3 starters only that have over 20 starts (Velarlander 28, Bonderman 28, Roberston 26) - (Pettite 30, Wang 27, Mussina 23). I don't know abut the tigers, but the Yankees have had to use 8 rookies as starting pitcheers this year.

Next is Durbin at 18 vs Clemens with 16. So thats is pretty close. - At least from the pitching side.

I don't have the numbers for position players.

well someone sent this to me - The Yankees this season have lost 887 man-games to injuries:
http://presspass.mlb.com/pp_viewer.asp?d=36826&p=3

I don't recall the exact number for the Tigers, but it sounds like the injury problem is a wash. Th e major loss for the Tigers was Rogers, who provided major stability to our young pitching corps.

I agree - injuries suck.

Last year we lost Matsui and Sheff for almost the enitre season - they represented OVER 225 RBIs a year.

I think what I am saying is, you just have to do your best to overcome them - they affect most teams in one way or another. What was the Yankees weak point up until recently was their minor leagues. Now they have been able to bring up their own. Over half their 25 man roster is HOME GROWN.

I'm gonna blame the Tiger's woes on out-of -town visitors coming to Comerica Park. First Riffjim comes and we get our butt's kicked, and now Sidekick goes to Comerica and we lose again. Injuries, my ass. From now till the end of the season, no visiting satellite guys at COMERICA!

I agree - injuries suck.

Last year we lost Matsui and Sheff for almost the enitre season - they represented OVER 225 RBIs a year.

I think what I am saying is, you just have to do your best to overcome them - they affect most teams in one way or another. What was the Yankees weak point up until recently was their minor leagues. Now they have been able to bring up their own. Over half their 25 man roster is HOME GROWN.

Quite a credit to both organizations that they're still in the hunt despite the injury count. Loads of depth in both clubs. Our "kiddy corps" from AAA has saved our butt repeatedly this season. Maybe next season both teams will be healthy.

I'm gonna blame the Tiger's woes on out-of -town visitors coming to Comerica Park. First Riffjim comes and we get our butt's kicked, and now Sidekick goes to Comerica and we lose again. Injuries, my ass. From now till the end of the season, no visiting satellite guys at COMERICA!

They should have visited last year during the playoffs. :D:D:D

Yeah yeah yeah .... It must have been my fault that Granderson made history too .... right? lol ;)

I agree - injuries suck.

You can say the same for the Tigers in the last several years, at least half of them were home grown with a few that have been sent away as well, Maroth and Monroe off the top of my head., theres also a Yankee pitching prospect that was in the Tigers org. AAA last year, his name escapes me.

Jimbo

Well, no more games @ Detroit for Cleveland...so you're safe from any Indian invasions :p

Too bad, I'd like to play the Indians about another 10 times.
The Tigers did not play the Yankees till after the all star break and then they played for like 3 weeks and they are done already ....
What a strange schedule it's been.

Jimbo

The Tigers did not play the Yankees till after the all star break and then they played for like 3 weeks and they are done already ....

Jimbo

Hey - we played both series in the middle of the pennant race - what could be better? Meaningless April games?

Absolutely great 9th inning last night for the Tigers! It was awesome to see Jim Leyland running around like they had won the pennant. The attitude seems different now. They look like the Tigers of last year where winning is fun, and the only option.

They are now officially 3.5 games back in the wild-card, and 6 from the division. They have a double header today in Comerica againt Texas, so they can make up some ground if they win both.

Go Tigers!

Jimbo

We did trade 3 prospects for Sheffield, don't remember who they were, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)