Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I recently ghetto moved my 6 footer to AMC-1 @ 103W. After making all the necessary adjustment to AZ, EL and Skew Deutsche Welle TV comes in pretty weak while ION is very strong. Has anyone else noticed this?

Actually, yes, I had the same problem. I have a 6' Fortec. To fix it I peaked it on 3740V, and ION came in bad, but I never really cared, because I just wanted DW-TV and Deutsche Welle Radio. I did get a Maxpeak SAM DVB-S meter and repeaked it, but I peaked only the vertical transponders, so 3740V would come in strong. Why we both have these same issues, I have no idea. Lyngsat doesn't slow any adjacent satellites with the same transponders, so I don't know. Sounds like it could be issues with adjacent satellites though. I also try to get Comcast Network on 3940V with my commercial DCII IRD, but I have signal issues where if DW-TV comes in good, Comcast Network pixelates a visa versa. Weird, but the only thing I can think of for the cause of these problems is adjacent satellites.

Jonathan

Same issues here too. I get Ion, good but the documentary channel breaks up, Veria is there but no picture, France 24 is there ok, Euronews too, D Welle no luck there. Remains a mystery. Blind

Thanks for the replies guys. I think another thing affecting the picture is the fact that the FEC for DW is 7/8. ION is 3/4.

correct

FEC of 7/8 really affects the signal. I've had what I consider "good" signal but still pixeling heavily because of the 7/8 FEC

you really need a lot of signal to lock these stabil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)