RTN Gone on AMC9?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

va2ir

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2009
Eastern Canada
I had RTN coming in fine at 530pm eastern and now at 9pm - poof - zero signal. Are they "off the air"? Sky here is clear. Very weird.

Thanks

IAn R.

Weather is fine..but they're MIA here in N Ala also. The color bars are still up on 11775 so the satellite hasn't left.

The feed on AMC9 is the national feed.
Most affiliates have their own customizable channel and that is on C-Band DVB-S2

I have c-band and dvb..whats s-2?... no more RTV via sat for me or what :rant: ?? thank you....

I have c-band and dvb..whats s-2?... no more RTV via sat for me or what :rant: ?? thank you....
Is that really a square dish? ...what.... lol..

Man.. I hope the RTV's are back tomorrow.
Cause the one over the air RTV I get isn't neither one of those... :-(

Still gone this morning this is not good. Also KCSG is gone, if you don't have S2 your out of luck like me. Maybe it will be fixed today if it isn't the end for those feeds. Lets hope there's just a problem or there will be quite a few FTA'ers not happy. :( Seems we loose more than gain lately.

RTV is still dark here near Omaha as of about 7 am CDT.

At least I am not missing Daniel Boone! Had several days of this show recorded ahead of time, along with the Rockford files. Whew!

Hope the signal comes back up today.

RADAR

Searched around, can't find anything at all on them. The local affiliates have nothing on their websites about it, satellite feeds on 83 still gone, and no mention of anything on their own website. Wonder if they didn't pay the uplinker?

possibly...however there are affiliates (mainly low powered stations) who are using the national feed and not a customizable feed. So unless all those stations upgraded to a C-Band feed and different equipment they might have some issues

Some of these low powered stations may be using a 1.2m dish and a consumer FTA receiver to receive it. I remember when Equity existed, a few times Gary (GAS) would post that if someone near ______________ that had a FTA receiver they could use for a couple days let him know because the receiver at ______________ site died.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)