DG240 motor - not seeing the arc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Got my motor set up. Aimed at true south, then moved to g25 (my true south sat) and tweaked the dish on that satellite. All satellites are coming in fine using USALS, except I can't seem to get AMC6, SBS6 and G27. The dish motors over to them, but I don't get any lock on the stong transponders. I've tried bumping the motor east and west to bring in the signal, but no luck. There does not seem to be any obstructions in the LOS.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

I am now able to get all satellites with the motor, with the exception of G10, which requires manual tuning each time.

I'm still not able to get certain transponders on some birds, such as 11716 H 4857 on AMC 3. Anyone know if this could be caused by a slight elevation error or the LNB not being perfectly at zero?

I am now able to get all satellites with the motor, with the exception of G10, which requires manual tuning each time.

I'm still not able to get certain transponders on some birds, such as 11716 H 4857 on AMC 3. Anyone know if this could be caused by a slight elevation error or the LNB not being perfectly at zero?
Did you ever get this resolved?

Badham, yes I did. It turned out that my mast was flexing with the weight of the motor for the birds near the ends of the arc. Using a turnbuckle between the top of the mast and the house I was able to stabilize the mast and it works great now!

I also had hackerware on my fortec ultra (bought it that way off ebay) Once I managed to load the orginal firmware I saw a noticable improvement in signal quality and motor control.

Status
Please reply by conversation.