DG380 motor quirk? Anyone else seen this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Went to move my 1.2m dish last night, wouldn't go. Went out to dish, nothing. LED's blinking, manual east/west work ok.

Eventually worked my way through all 3 reset methods in the manual, still no luck. So thinking maybe the coax, went out to dish with a short piece and my spare receiver and little TV, sure enough the dish moves just fine. So thinking I had to replace the buried coax.

Anyways get back inside, hooked up the old receiver (which I had unplugged numerous times by now) just so I could watch something and surprisingly the motor was working again, moving just fine.

Not sure what to make of it, anyone else see this type of behavior?

I think I made mine do that one day, and like yours , it straightened out on its own. Seems like I was switching receivers out inside the house, and hooked up the Merc2-when it powered up it was on a different satellite than it was when I switched off the Icon and it took off to the east.
I just powered down the M2, unplugged the lnb cable, replugged and rebooted and it was fine. both using Usals.

Mine has done it once or twice. Just powered down the receiver, unhooked the coax for 5-10 minutes and plugged it back in. All was fine. Figured it was something to do with the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)