DGL-1189Q Universal Quad Circular/Linear LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I just saw the Digiwave " DGL-1189Q Universal Quad Circular/Linear Poloarization LNBF" listed on Ebay and here. How good are they compared to the Invacom Quad?

not even in the same ballpark with this one...notice the one thing
Great LNB that will receive 119 (Echostar 7) and 118.8 (Anik F3) on one LNB.

so obviously its for the hacker crowd and who knows if it actually works for linear polarity or is it just circular only ;)

not even in the same ballpark with this one...notice the one thing
Great LNB that will receive 119 (Echostar 7) and 118.8 (Anik F3) on one LNB.

so obviously its for the hacker crowd and who knows if it actually works for linear polarity or is it just circular only ;)
Let's assume it works as advertized. Does it mean it cannot be used for legal True FTA Linear/Universal & Circular (NASA) Bird hunting?:confused:

The specs look like it's a crappy-performing Universal LNB, with a wide enough front end to let in the higher frequency circular signals.
Since Circular are so powerful, they get through in spite of the fact the polarization is wrong.
It's unclear, but apparently all four outputs are the same.

Did you need a Universal?
Did you need a Quad?
Did you want to get Circular?
Maybe there's something else that'll fill your needs.

This is certainly nothing like the QPH-031, in operation nor sensitivity.

The specs look like it's a crappy-performing Universal LNB, with a wide enough front end to let in the higher frequency circular signals.
Since Circular are so powerful, they get through in spite of the fact the polarization is wrong.
It's unclear, but apparently all four outputs are the same.

Did you need a Universal?
Did you need a Quad?
Did you want to get Circular?
Maybe there's something else that'll fill your needs.

This is certainly nothing like the QPH-031, in operation nor sensitivity.
The QPH-031 seems to fit what I want, but does the Invacom have a Universal/Circular LNBf? I would prefer a Universal/Circular combined not a Linear/Circular as the QPH-031 LNBf. Otherwise, I may have to do a 2LNB Motorized setup. One Circular and the other Universal.

You're right, the QPH-031 is Standard, not Universal.
Do you really need four outputs all the same?
Maybe some lesser version (two outputs?) of this Digiwave is available in Universal.
Hopefully with better specs.
Otherwise, I may have to do a 2LNB Motorized setup.
One Circular and the other Universal.
Yea, I like that idea, too.
Then get the best Universal you can.
I have an SNH-031 by Invacom; it wasn't expensive

I don't have a lot of use/interest in Circular.
The one bird I can see that needs Universal, doesn't really have anything I want.
So, I'm not a big proponent of either. :D

I have the 1189s of this(2 outputs) and they are not all that good on linear sats.And all outputs are the same where the invacom is 2 of each.

You're right, the QPH-031 is Standard, not Universal.
Do you really need four outputs all the same?
Maybe some lesser version (two outputs?) of this Digiwave is available in Universal.
Hopefully with better specs.
Yea, I like that idea, too.
Then get the best Universal you can.
I have an SNH-031 by Invacom; it wasn't expensive

I don't have a lot of use/interest in Circular.
The one bird I can see that needs Universal, doesn't really have anything I want.
So, I'm not a big proponent of either. :D
Thanks for the great suggestions, Anole!;):up

I have the 1189s of this(2 outputs) and they are not all that good on linear sats.And all outputs are the same where the invacom is 2 of each.
:eek: I'm glad you gave me an account of your first hand knowledge, and experience. I will keep away from 1189Q.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts