DH Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerryphx

Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Does anyone have any experience with DH Satellite ? I am considering them, as well as a patriot from global-cm. I'd really like a freebee, but one has not presented itself yet.

I'm buying a home that will allow me to place a dish. Looking at purchasing a 10' solid, if I can't find a 12' solid for free. The cost difference between 10 & 12 is ridiculous.

Any suggestions on other dishes, or other places to look - especially in metro PHX area - are greatly appreciated!

Rock out.
Jerry

I would SERIOUSLY watch the want ads and get on the local freecycle list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecyclephoenix/

There is also a NorthPhoneix list but it seems that everyhting get's cross-posted between the two lists. The North Phoenix list is at:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleNorthPhoenix/

If you are patient, I'm sure you can get the dish cheap to free.

I got my 8' dish via Freecycle. I was offered a 12' paraclypse at the same time but #1 I didn't need it, and #2 I'd have had to borrow a truck to get it home.

I once posted a 'dish wanted' request and I was offered several for sale, including junk 18" dishes :rolleyes: .

I don't have any experience with DH satellite but it seems that if you are going to have an installer come do it you're looking at $2000+ installed for a 4DTV setup.

I installed mine myself and spent a LOT less than that. I'd guess that I spent about $700 for my whole setup. I got a smoking deal on my 922 though.

The FAQs have some good links if you want to try to tackle it yourself. I think it's worth the adventure. It'll save you money initally and down the road when the system needs maintinence.

I'm on the freecycle lists now; just waiting to see what they turn up.

I'll definately be doing this myself. I've put in various dishes over the years with my job, so I know what I'm getting in for. Finding someone to help will not be so easy, especially if they've done it before....;)

Jerry

jerryphx said:
Does anyone have any experience with DH Satellite ? I am considering them, as well as a patriot from global-cm. I'd really like a freebee, but one has not presented itself yet.

I'm buying a home that will allow me to place a dish. Looking at purchasing a 10' solid, if I can't find a 12' solid for free. The cost difference between 10 & 12 is ridiculous.

Any suggestions on other dishes, or other places to look - especially in metro PHX area - are greatly appreciated!

Rock out.
Jerry

Not in your area but you can try:
www.rpssat.com
www.kusat.com

jerryphx said:
I'm on the freecycle lists now; just waiting to see what they turn up.

Did you post that you are looking for a dish?
Somebody on the list might know somebody who has a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)