DHPP not credited with renewal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

paris1129

Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
I have been out of contract for a while, and I just upgraded my 2nd leased receiver to an HD DVR (722) and signed a new 2 year commitment to do so. However, I was under the impression that being under a new contract that I would get the $6 monthly credit for the DHPP since I am in contract. However, they said today on the phone that this was not the case and was not "part of the offer." They said it is only available for new customers. Does this sound right, or are they screwing me out of a monthly credit that I should be getting in contract?

Just drop the DHPP, it is a total waste of money. If you need its "protection" in the future, just call and add it to your bill and then drop it after you have been protected.

You don't need DHPP when everything is working correctly so they are saving you money. Some idiot at DISH wrote the business rules for DHPP. there is no rule that it must be in effect before you can use it there is no minimum time that it must be on your account. Most warranty companies require 30 days before a claim or 12 months of coverage is required. not DISH. I have added DHPP and in the same phone call ordered warranty service and later after problem was curred called back and cancelled DHPP limiting my cost to the $5.99 monthly charge. It is great warranty protection and customers like you that think they need to have it monthly pay for us smart users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts