Diagnostics Code 14-495

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steecoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Anyone ever see this screen? Diagnostics Code 14-495

Is my hard drive toast? We lost power & when everything came back on, I have this screen to enjoy :(

Attachments

• 0430.jpg
    0430.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 427
All seems fine NOW, here's what happened:
Power came back on about 2 am, but I didn't check anything until about 8 am. When I saw the front circle lights on the display still going round & round after 6 hours, I knew something was wrong without even turning on the TV. I rebooted via the message on the screen (pushing enter rebooted) a few times & then tried a front panel button reset/reboot but still had the same screen message come up after a minute or so each time.

So while I researched the prices of new harddrives & posted the question here I left it unplugged, prolly an hour or so. To my suprise, when I plugged it back in it rebooted & went thru the start up just fine...been watching spongebob ever since (with 3 kids in the house I never get to watch what I want!)

Not sure what exactly happened, but all seems back to normal for now :popcorn

my guess would be similar to a PC that isnt on a UPS and power drops. its a very ungraceful shutdown. you really need to add a good UPS to your A/V gear

Last edited:
That code means your hard drive is failing. Call dtv. Thats an instant replacement

That code means your hard drive is failing. Call dtv. Thats an instant replacement

It's a EHD ...

And no it's not a failing HD in this case.

I happens every once in a while, I d/l the CE software every week with my EHD and it happens about once a year, hit Reboot and normally all is well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)