Dialup Internet interferres with required line connection

Ryan

Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Hi im a new dish network customer. My problem is that my internet dialup connection is on during the night. Dish network requires the line to be on 24/7. Does anyone know exactly what time period it dials, so i know when not to be on the internet?

It randomly checks the phone line. You'll never know when it dials out, but, given time, it will find an open line. Don't worry.

Dont Fret it will find an open line during the day to call out if it needs to. My phone connection is tied up from 1-6am daily to call into the DOD network for updates and such (only way to keep it up to date since im sorta a GOCO)

tonyp56 said:
what receiver do you have? As far as I know you can go in and tell it to dial out! Go to your menu, and go to diagnostics, select dial out. The same place you do a phone line test.

that just tests the dial outs... it doesnt send any data or anything really.

I used to have dial-up as well, and I would have turn the sat receiver off when ever I wanted it to dial out. This was an old JVC receiver, but the first thing it would do when you turned it off was try to dial out.

should be easy enough to test.

what receivers does it dial-up for? I have one receiver setup for it (301) but have not setup the 510 for a dial-out. Should I?

mallu2u said:
what receivers does it dial-up for? I have one receiver setup for it (301) but have not setup the 510 for a dial-out. Should I?

It dials out for the Dish Home acocunt stuff and it dials out to send PPV information. if you try to buy PPV on 510 itll eventually start giving you nag messages to connect it to a phone.

ShadowEKU said:
correct... could you imagine the time it would take to download software...
Probably less time than it takes to download the guide info on an older receiver

tonyp56 said:
what receiver do you have? As far as I know you can go in and tell it to dial out! Go to your menu, and go to diagnostics, select dial out. The same place you do a phone line test.

I have the 322. The reason why I am concerned is because I get a warning sign stating inorder to avoid the $4.99 fee, I need to be connected to a continuous line. I seen these warnings a few times now. i leave my internet connections on from 10pm-3am.

Ok i figured it out for 322. Menu > System Setup > Diagnostics > Instillation > Updates > (Change Time Set) > Done

Now I can download my pron all night without worrying.

Ryan said:
Ok i figured it out for 322. Menu > System Setup > Diagnostics > Instillation > Updates > (Change Time Set) > Done

Now I can download my pron all night without worrying.

:dev !protest !protest !protest !protest :smug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)